Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Here it is the P3 paper i promised
    I'll but solutions ( i got) up on friday after stats mrghhhhhh unless someone else does first
    scanners a bit poor and its in word format cos the JPEGS are too big
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc P3 page 1.doc (40.5 KB, 303 views)
  2. File Type: doc P3 Page 2.doc (38.0 KB, 290 views)
  3. File Type: doc P3 Page 3.doc (44.0 KB, 247 views)

ReputationRep:
    whoa man...
    you re the best man !!
    btw,where did you get these?

ReputationRep:
    Er after the exam cos we did it so late we were just given them because that way there wasn't a method of cheating

ReputationRep:
    oh?
    was it??hmm..
    cause i wasnt even given the papers after the exam
    do`h !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XYTER)
    Here it is the P3 paper i promised
    I'll but solutions ( i got) up on friday after stats mrghhhhhh unless someone else does first
    scanners a bit poor and its in word format cos the JPEGS are too big
    Thanks... but is everyone sure they want to look at this?!? I mean you'll get to see how you messed up :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Its for those who are curious and need to know.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that bad of a paper you know. I can see why you all freaked under exam conditions. But I bet if you were doing it in the comfort of your room you would just think "Oh this is a bit of a challenge."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    It's not that bad of a paper you know. I can see why you all freaked under exam conditions. But I bet if you were doing it in the comfort of your room you would just think "Oh this is a bit of a challenge."
    No it wasn't a bad paper on whole, I freaked because I knew the method for doing part 8 d but kept substituting in wrong numbers, consquently getting an unsolvable quadratic. Ran out of time in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    No it wasn't a bad paper on whole, I freaked because I knew the method for doing part 8 d but kept subsituting in wrong numbers, consquently getting an unsolvable quadratic. Ran out of time in the end.

I do know that awful feeling. Had it myself.

ReputationRep:
    No it wasn't a bad paper on whole, I freaked because I knew the method for doing part 8 d but kept subsituting in wrong numbers, consquently getting an unsolvable quadratic. Ran out of time in the end.
    Yeah it wasn't the most difficult of all the past papers, although there were some challenging parts. I think though that overall some of the questions were OK

ReputationRep:
    I do know that awful feeling. Had it myself.
    Funny how exams can magnify feelings of paranoia. During my mechanics mock I left out the last question but walked out without a care in the world. Was that P6 you had it in?

ReputationRep:
    you guys actually thought that was an ok paper?! argh, i thought it was terrible, ive got A's in the past papers, but missed about 20 marks out, so so bad, and theres no chance to retake it wither as im yr 13, so so annoyed! i best pray 4 a nice p2 paper coz i need a B for uni!

ReputationRep:
    Funny how exams can magnify feelings of paranoia. During my mechanics mock I left out the last question but walked out without a care in the world. Was that P6 you had it in?

Yeah. A question which went along the lines of Express tan3x in terms of x using demoivre's, hence solve some cubic. I was lucky in that I'd seen it before, but an idiot in that I just couldn't apply it.

ReputationRep:
    o my god that is so unfair! that is 100 times easier than the ORC p3 paper!

ReputationRep:
    Get someone to scan the OCR paper then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XYTER)
    Get someone to scan the OCR paper then
    it's already been done...i'll try and find it

Edit: i think this was this year's one: http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....&postcount=334

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. A question which went along the lines of Express tan3x in terms of x using demoivre's, hence solve some cubic. I was lucky in that I'd seen it before, but an idiot in that I just couldn't apply it.
    You're not an idiot, I'm quite certain of that.

ReputationRep:
    Yer its harder but 100 times I THINK NOT
    Most of you would breeze the first few questions and many of you could do the vector question the 7 th question is very similar to the edexcel in the sense you have to show that so you can't get that wrong. Yes Question 8 is difficult if you've never dont that before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    o my god that is so unfair! that is 100 times easier than the ORC p3 paper!
    For what it is worth, I must strongly disagree with you.
    Having just done both papers neither paper stands out as being and easier (or of course any more difficult than the other!)

Which one did I complete in the shortest time?
    As it happens it was the OCR paper by 4 Minutes

ReputationRep:
    nice 1 xyter.

Is there a thread with the answers? cos i wanna know how well i did.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 11, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.