The Student Room Group

Worried about life without Uni.

So basically I have decided that the academic route isn't right for me and after my gap year I will continue to work on the small business I started. However I can't help but feel terrified that my social life will be non due to me missing out on the famous "uni partying lifestyle". I'm 17 and without wishing to sound naive or arrogant, I'm not really worried about money in the future, but the thought of being on my own whilst most people my age are having a wild social life and meeting their soul mates is a hard pill to swallow. I just don't know what to do to stop thinking this way due to my fear of loneliness, any advice would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
So basically I have decided that the academic route isn't right for me and after my gap year I will continue to work on the small business I started. However I can't help but feel terrified that my social life will be non due to me missing out on the famous "uni partying lifestyle". I'm 17 and without wishing to sound naive or arrogant, I'm not really worried about money in the future, but the thought of being on my own whilst most people my age are having a wild social life and meeting their soul mates is a hard pill to swallow. I just don't know what to do to stop thinking this way due to my fear of loneliness, any advice would be appreciated :smile:

Loomynarty how many of these posts are you going to post seriously :/
The uni partying lifestyle is true for a few.If you go solely for that reason lol you will be disappointed.You have to work hard to stay at uni.After first year things get difficult,unless you do some easy ,useless degree at some crappy institution.
The choice is yours .Lol 'Wild social life' .Where are you getting this from???

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Honestly dude, the uni 'mad partying life' really is over-rated and isn't as good as it's hyped up to be. You'll be completely fine, and it's nice to see someone that rathers to do something other than university to feel that they can succeed in life
Reply 3
Original post by NellyMelly
Loomynarty how many of these posts are you going to post seriously :/
The uni partying lifestyle is true for a few.If you go solely for that reason lol you will be disappointed.You have to work hard to stay at uni.After first year things get difficult,unless you do some easy ,useless degree at some crappy institution.
The choice is yours .Lol 'Wild social life' .Where are you getting this from???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah sorry haha I didn't think i posted it when i wrote it first :P. New to the site :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by R0ckTillWeDr0p
Honestly dude, the uni 'mad partying life' really is over-rated and isn't as good as it's hyped up to be. You'll be completely fine, and it's nice to see someone that rathers to do something other than university to feel that they can succeed in life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending