Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Predicted GCSE Grades watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No, no don't worry mate, here at our school we only really do 9 gcse's. i think that is enough and adequate in my opinion 9 is too many. 9 gives u the opportunity to do especially well as there is a smaller varietyof subjects. uni's won't really discriminate as lnog as you have good grades in the 9 u have.....of course if somebody has 12 A*'s instead of 9 it is better just because of the point scores and things...but as and a2 is better for uni's to pick out the creme de la creme!
    Wow fast response. Thanx, hope so anyway, I'd just better get good grades in the subjects im doing now...

ReputationRep:
    prediction grades are joke i got 4cs 5bs and 3 as for prediction, and got all as anda* the teachers are mad

ReputationRep:
    Our school lets us do 10 ish.

ReputationRep:
    im doin 11

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing AS's now but for GCSE I was predicted mostly C's and got 2 A*, 1 B and 7 A's.

Predictions are crap. You know your abilities better than your teachers.

ReputationRep:
    Predictions ARE CRAP !!!
    i am Dumb at english .. but my classmates are even dumber .. i mean the highest grade i can get is a B.. and my teacher predicts me an A* .. ..plus she likes me :cool: more than the others .. So she always think that i am the BEST !! i mean come on get REAL !!

ReputationRep:
    my predictions were bang on - 2A*s, 6As and a B all predicted in the correct subjects *prays A level predictions were equally accurate*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I've been predicted all As/A*s (10 subjects) + B for Food Tec but I'll be suprised if I get a D for it :mad:

Grrrrr hate Food Tec!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I was predicted 8 A*s and 2 As...after my maths and English performances im heading for two Bs...and i since i only spent a day revision on each subject ...there is no way im getting the rest of those As and A*s...im really sad

very depressed actually

ReputationRep:
    I've only done 3 exams but i am only in Year 10. I did R.E., Science Modular 1 and Spanish Modular 2. I am predicted to get an A* for R.E but the 1st paper wasn't brilliant (fingers crossed I didn't mess up 2 badly), 2nd paper not bad but I did mess up a few questions. I will be happy with an A but forget a B. I worked 2 hard in that subjest 2 get a B! Science I am predicted a B but the exam wasn't that bad (surprisingly). Physics section went a bit rough tho (I h8 physics!) and one question on Biology I did not answer (wrote a funny ans instead!) Spanish went really well (so surprised) I am again predicted a B and I hope I get it (an A would b nice...no chance, B it is!), but listening was quite hard, but I managed it! Can't wait forresults to come. Nervous tho! What about anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I was predicted a mixture of B's, C's and D's; I came out with 3 A's, 1 B and the rest C's. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted to get a B but they just did that for our whole class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma.....)
    No, no don't worry mate, here at our school we only really do 9 gcse's. i think that is enough and adequate in my opinion 9 is too many. 9 gives u the opportunity to do especially well as there is a smaller varietyof subjects. uni's won't really discriminate as lnog as you have good grades in the 9 u have.....of course if somebody has 12 A*'s instead of 9 it is better just because of the point scores and things...but as and a2 is better for uni's to pick out the creme de la creme! :rolleyes:
    personally i dont thgink that GCSE is the be all and end all i meant hey are just a letterbox to a bright future but the door to a bright future is A-levels.

as for the predictions i was predicted mainly B and C but i know that i did better. CURSE Edexcel. the non cal maths was sooo hard hopefully they will be liniant (spelling?) i dont think that it looked hard jus the fact that i had never seen some of the wuestuions b4 and had no clue to answering them. i think that the best thing to do in a situation like that and you are totally blank minded is to make up some calculations and involve the values that they give you. i mean it shows that you attempted it and you might get a step sorrect and get a mark. that paper was Evil as someone mentioned before!

ReputationRep:
    When i did my GCSE's i was predicted 5 A's, 3B's and 2C's...i got 1 A* 2 A's 5 B's and 2 C's...eugh.

ReputationRep:
    My school very kindly doesn't give predictions but I think I was heading for mostly A* and some As... now I think I probably got less A*, more A and maybe a B...

ReputationRep:
    its such a long wait until we'll get em! but i hope for the best anyway.
    i found it weird because all my friends who have already done the GCSE's said that the mocs were much more difficult than the real things so when i did well in my mocks i thouhgt i could slack off a bit.... but how much harder were the real ones!!!!

i think with some papers like english you cant really know what you've got until you get the resutls. but with things like science you have some idea as you either knew the answers or you didnt.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting Year 10 next year (this coming september) and i am doing higher modula in maths so some of the exams are at the end of year 10, not 11 so how will i be able to take my mocks and see what i'm predicted to get if the mocks are normally at the end of year 10?? Does that make sense and Does anyone know?? And also, i know this doesn't really follow the trend of what this thread is about but what did people do at GCSE option wise????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InsertName)
    I'm starting Year 10 next year (this coming september) and i am doing higher modula in maths so some of the exams are at the end of year 10, not 11 so how will i be able to take my mocks and see what i'm predicted to get if the mocks are normally at the end of year 10?? Does that make sense and Does anyone know?? And also, i know this doesn't really follow the trend of what this thread is about but what did people do at GCSE option wise????
    What exam board is this? If it's OCR (what I had last year), you'll have a terminal paper at the end of year 11 as well as the modular exams. So, you'll still get a mock.

English B
    English Lit B (though my teacher did say Im capable of getting A's in both English's)
    Maths B (but I dont think I'll get that I really messed up my last paper)
    Science C C (highest I could get as I did foundation)
    Electronics C (same reason for science)
    Music B
    History B
    German C
    R.E predicted B,even though I got an A in the mock :mad: but as people have said predictions can be crap.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.