Spanish GCSE writing help. Watch

theowlsayhoot
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Since i have embarked on this mission on being the only person in my school to take a language(it spanish btw) outside of skl who has not parnets who are fluent in the language, I for some reason HAVE NO REGRETS!!!!
I have a few questions:
i was just wondering how long the writing has to be.
What thing to include that will bump up my grade( don't have a predicted and if i just tell u a grade, ill be biased),
What examiners like/don't like?
Any useful websites?
If you did it, what did you get?
Any other tips?
thank youuu
Wanderlust20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's late so I won't be able to give you a detailed answer but:
1) how long your writing will be will depend on the exam board you are with (I'm with AQA, and the writing is something like 200-400 (can't remember exactly) words long)
2) To bump up your grade, do some research into 'golden phrases' in spanish or expressions like que miedo! or vale la pena etc
3) Examiners (obviously) like accuracy, but to get the top marks you also need to be original. Examiners always have to read through generic 'para mi, el ingles es mi asignatura preferida porque es interesante', but if you include several tenses/talk about something more unique with interesting phrases, then that is sure to impress the examiners
4) Useful websites: well, I would type in stuff like 'impressive spanish essay phrases' into google and see what you find. There are quite a few websites that require membership through schools though. If you need to learn spanish from the basics (or if you've forgotten some etc) you could try out duolingo (usually it's used for learning a language from scratch but it's still useful)
5) I am halfway through my GCSE course. My oral went pretty well, my teacher said it was 'brilliant' xD I'm predicted an A*
6) Can't think of any other tips at the moment apart from just learn your tenses really well (I still haven't nailed them and I honestly struggle with this the most)

Keep at it, I'm sure you'll do great
jamestg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by theowlsayhoot)
Since i have embarked on this mission on being the only person in my school to take a language(it spanish btw) outside of skl who has not parnets who are fluent in the language, I for some reason HAVE NO REGRETS!!!!
I have a few questions:
i was just wondering how long the writing has to be.
What thing to include that will bump up my grade( don't have a predicted and if i just tell u a grade, ill be biased),
What examiners like/don't like?
Any useful websites?
If you did it, what did you get?
Any other tips?
thank youuu
300 words (ish)

Consistent use of a variety of tenses, opinions and justifications FOR EVERYTHING, original descriptions, idioms, good structure

Examiners don't like simple, short sentences. They really like your piece of writing to flow really well and for all of your answers and examples to follow with each other. If you're doing a piece about films - see if there is a Spanish name for it, that will really impress them.

Google translate and your dictionary will suffice

I did get 48/60 overall on both my pieces however they lost a piece so only gave me 24/60 - getting a remark so they can mark the other piece this time too!

Tip - your draft has to be perfect
nityaaditya
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
a) 80-100 or 130-140 words
b) complex vocab and grammar improved
c) neat handwriting and clean sentence structures they like and they dont like it when u dont put accents to some words u have t put.
d) spandict, vocabulix duolingo are some good websites
e) i dint get ur question

those tips will help u a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (379)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.33%

Watched Threads