My boyfriend is fat and it depresses me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
He always complains about my unibrow and how busy my hair is. Is it wrong to complain about his weight because his very chubby. He goes gym but nothing works. I feel self concious when i walk beside him.
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He always complains about my unibrow and how busy my hair is. Is it wrong to complain about his weight because his very chubby. He goes gym but nothing works. I feel self concious when i walk beside him.
At what? Your unibrow or his size?

If its the unibrow a pair of tweezers or a shaving razor will solve that problem very quickly.
BerniHurton
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
don't be a *****, he is your boyfriend, you should like him no matter how fat he is, nor give a s*it about what other people think!!! he has to deal with your unibrow, you can deal with his weight.
EllainKahlo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm sure if he's your boyfriend then you love him. You should continue to support him. Weight loss doesn't happen overnight and he is trying, you can't ask for more than that.
HenryKenry
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not that he's fat that's depressing you, it's the fact that he makes you feel insecure so your trying to get evens. It's not a healthy relationship; he should respect you for who you are and you should do the same without being worries of him judging you.
slade p
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why you with him then if it bothers you so much that it depresses you. Get another guy.
Magnus Taylor
Badges: 15
Report 5 years ago
He needs to hit the treadmill
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you don't feel comfortable being with him, end it. There's no point in being in a relationship when you don't feel like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Proxenus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Chubby is good! You should be happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
mysticalfluffy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It is ok to feel self conscious, my ex boyfriend was chubby and I was so embarrassed introducing him to my family.
In hindsight, I should have told him subtly that he had a problem as he was greatly in denial saying stuff like "good job I have a fast metabolism" as he ate super calorific burgers. Ew.
Danz123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lizfairy)
It is ok to feel self conscious, my ex boyfriend was chubby and I was so embarrassed introducing him to my family.
In hindsight, I should have told him subtly that he had a problem as he was greatly in denial saying stuff like "good job I have a fast metabolism" as he ate super calorific burgers. Ew.
That's not really being 'self-conscious' though. It's more a feeling of embarrassment at even being associated with someone you find to be so unattractive. A similar feeling arises amongst peers at school when they have to sit next to or are associated with the 'unpopular' kid there. That association causes you to be 'dragged down' to their level, so to speak, in the social hierarchy.

It's such a crappy mentality, but one alot of people share, even if only subconsciously.
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Was he fat at the start of the relationship?
illegaltobepoor
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If your man is fat then its your own fault. You should be training him hard. Tell him there is no bedtime privileges unless he joins you on a 6 hour work out every weekend.
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BerniHurton)
don't be a *****, he is your boyfriend, you should like him no matter how fat he is, nor give a s*it about what other people think!!! he has to deal with your unibrow, you can deal with his weight.
Worst attitude ever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (36)
15.58%
I'm not sure (8)
3.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (85)
36.8%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.73%
I'm not a current university student (98)
42.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed