Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How did it go for you?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like question 3! I wasn't sure what sort of tone to answer it, so I made it quite sober, but a tad conversational in parts.

The question 2 article was easy enough (loads to choose from!)

The summary was OK. My teacher always says that you should never put 'the author says' etc, but because it specifically asked about the guys views, I put 'A.S.Neill thinks.....' etc. Bad move?

ReputationRep:
    Not a bad move at all. But remember the trick was not to quote for question 1 because it's merely testing your ability to paraphrase something. The Specimen paper having been about UFOs, I was expecting something a little more "we're trying to appeal to what we think teenagers are interested in" - what a refreshing change therefore.

ReputationRep:
    i thought the paper wasn't too tricky, question three was slightly strange although question one gave me ideas for it. question two was probably the hardest but it gave many options to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    I don't live in the UK as yet but I will be moving there this summer. So please tell me what are you talking about! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbou)
    But remember the trick was not to quote for question 1.
    Don't worry, I'm not that stupid! (sorry to anyone who did!)

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.