The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Placement year

Can I take a placement year after doing 3 years of Biochemsitry and graduate?
Usually it's as a sandwich year, so you'd complete the placement after your 2nd year. But you could always get the university to help find you placements if you only wanted to do it when you graduate. Biochemistry placements are very competitive though (even when doing it as a sandwich year) so just be aware of that and try and gain extra experience where you can :smile:
^Shannon
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah thank you. It is just that my friend wants to take an adult nursing degree that only offers 3 years before graduating. We already planned that we should get a flat straight away and I don't want us living there alone on our last year of uni. By the way, the uni is University of Essex :smile:
Reply 3
Anyway another question: In another university, they offer 2 course that is biochemistry but one of them do a placement year with a higher grade. Is it possible to get a placement year if I apply the lower grade course and do well for 2 years?
Original post by sakuraton
Anyway another question: In another university, they offer 2 course that is biochemistry but one of them do a placement year with a higher grade. Is it possible to get a placement year if I apply the lower grade course and do well for 2 years?

Hello,
I would suggest contacting the university and speaking to their admissions department, or to the biochemistry department. They should be able to advise you on what grades they would accept for the placement year/if your grades on the course could contribute towards getting onto the placement year.

Natalie.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending