The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Paying residential/Tuition fees

Hi, I don't know if I'm being incredibly dumb but I'm finding this really confusing.

Basically I'm a UK national and I received a student loan to pay for my tuition fee (as well as a maintenance grant/loan). Was the tuition fee payment automatically done at enrollment? I had to show my student finance acceptance letter.

I'm just really confused since I received an invoice about paying fees but it seemed aimed more at international/self paying students.

Also are we supposed to set up a rent payment or what (I'm living in halls), honestly I've just found this so confusing and the website wasn't exactly straight forward!

Anyway, can anyone help out this idiot?
Is it Student Finance England you use? I know that the tuition fee loan goes straight from them to your uni or college, and it gets paid on the date(s) detailed on the letter SFE should have sent you. Probably similar with the other UK student loans companies too.

As for rent payment, you set that up with the halls (usually a direct debit), not the student loans company. The student loans company just give you the money in your bank account and it's up to you how you spend it.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Yeah Student Finance England. Right okay, I'll have to have a look gain at the website for the page where I set up the halls payment. Thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending