martinnmartin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, first time posting so this is probably in the wrong place but here's my question. I'm currently in year 13 and everyone at my school is writing a personal statement/applying to unis soon. Since I got ADD at AS level and I'm retaking 2 subjects can I just do my A levels then apply for uni next year with the new year 13's so I'll have a better chance of getting into university as my grades will be better or do I HAVE to apply this year. Thanks for any help
cherryred90s
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by martinnmartin)
Hi, first time posting so this is probably in the wrong place but here's my question. I'm currently in year 13 and everyone at my school is writing a personal statement/applying to unis soon. Since I got ADD at AS level and I'm retaking 2 subjects can I just do my A levels then apply for uni next year with the new year 13's so I'll have a better chance of getting into university as my grades will be better or do I HAVE to apply this year. Thanks for any help
What are you predicted? And yep you can do that if you want. Pretty much what I did
martinnmartin
Rep:
?
I don't know ACC I guess
Thanks
Xlxl23
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't know ACC I guess
Thanks
yes you can.
cherryred90s
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't know ACC I guess
Thanks
Any idea on the course you'd like and the unis ?
martinnmartin
Rep:
?
(Original post by cherryred90s)
Any idea on the course you'd like and the unis ?
Don't know really im just going to leave all that for next year depending on what I get at A2.
Just to clear up so I definitely don't have to fill in the UCAS website this year? Will my login be the same next year?
cherryred90s
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't know really im just going to leave all that for next year depending on what I get at A2.
Just to clear up so I definitely don't have to fill in the UCAS website this year? Will my login be the same next year?
If you're certain that you don't want to go to uni this year then you don't have to fill it out for next years intake. Your login will change temporarily, but once you've sent it off and start getting offers, it will go back to your old ID number (that's what happened with me)
martinnmartin
Rep:
?
What do you mean? So if my login changes how do I send it off?
martinnmartin
Rep:
?
Actually don't worry I can just apply as individual if my login doesn't work.
What about a reference? I won't be in school so should I ask my teachers now for one or go back later?
lightwoXd
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Actually don't worry I can just apply as individual if my login doesn't work.
What about a reference? I won't be in school so should I ask my teachers now for one or go back later?
If you tell your teachers about your plans you can make arrangements for a reference with them now.
If you are applying independently next year, on the part of your application titled 'Reference' you enter the details of your referee and UCAS will send them an email asking them to write one for you. The rest is then up to them
martinnmartin
Rep:
?
Thanks again for the help I appreciate it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.13%
Not great so far... (227)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.24%

Watched Threads