Covington4
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I got 212/300 in Biology OCR AS which is just 2 ums over the B grade boundary. Here is the breakdown of results:

F211 - 63/90 (B)
F212 - 107/150 (B)
F213 - 42/60 (B)

Do you think I should retake a module or just try super hard for my A2s I would like an A but if I don't retake a unit then I have to get 268/300 ums in my A2s which is basically only 2 ums away from what I'd need for an A*! So the margin for an A is two ums...

Do you think I should retake? Or is 268/300 ums achievable? If I should retake what module do you suggest? (btw I cannot retake f213) Thanks.
Attercop
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Retake!

Well, you scored around 70% in both the units you are considering retaking. Which do you think you were less prepared for?
Covington4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Attercop)
Retake!

Well, you scored around 70% in both the units you are considering retaking. Which do you think you were less prepared for?
Well, probably F211 as my teacher was terrible and I basically had to teach myself everything lol.
EastGuava
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Retake F212; there's more UMS to gain.
Attercop
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ben4)
Well, probably F211 as my teacher was terrible and I basically had to teach myself everything lol.
I was in a similar position to you. Start revision now. Make small notecards with an exam question on each one and on the opposite side, write down the perfect answer to the question. Use mark schemes and your notes to help you come up with the best possible answer, incorporating all important key words. This really helped me to boost my Biology A Level grade.
Also, do make your own notes. The process of reading, comprehending and analysing information will help you to understand and learn.
Covington4
Rep:
?
(Original post by EastGuava)
Retake F212; there's more UMS to gain.
I was in a similar position to you. Start revision now. Make small notecards with an exam question on each one and on the opposite side, write down the perfect answer to the question. Use mark schemes and your notes to help you come up with the best possible answer, incorporating all important key words. This really helped me to boost my Biology A Level grade.
Also, do make your own notes. The process of reading, comprehending and analysing information will help you to understand and learn.
Thank you both for the advice! My sixth form are being weird and not even considering me for a retake but I will have to beg them! I will be doing 2 other retakes, do you think 3 AS retakes and 6 A2 exams is okay?
Attercop
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ben4)
Thank you both for the advise! My sixth form are being weird and not even considering me for a retake but I will have to beg them! I will be doing 2 other retakes, do you think 3 AS retakes and 6 A2 exams is okay?
It is possible. I expect you will be sitting them all in June, you will have to organise your time well and prepare for your AS retakes from now on. Keep on top of your A2 work throughout the year.
Covington4
Rep:
?
It is possible. I expect you will be sitting them all in June, you will have to organise your time well and prepare for your AS retakes from now on. Keep on top of your A2 work throughout the year.
Been told by my sixth form that I cant retake . Guess Ill have to settle with a B grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SteelManatee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ben4)
Been told by my sixth form that I cant retake . Guess Ill have to settle with a B grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could you resit the exam privately? That might be worth looking into, not sure how it would all work though. Just a suggestion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (243)
57.58%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (55)
13.03%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
10.9%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.53%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.27%

Watched Threads