The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Depends how cool you are.
Don't see why there has to be a cut off age for people to do something they enjoy.
Reply 4
I would say a 68 year old male would be considered to be out of place in a venue of excessive alcohol consumption and 'banging tunes'
At Klute, Durham's number one megaclub, anything between 14 and 21 is okay. Over 21 and forget it. You've hopefully gone through puberty by then.
Reply 6
Original post by Quantex
At Klute, Durham's number one megaclub, anything between 14 and 21 is okay. Over 21 and forget it. You've hopefully gone through puberty by then.

:rofl:
Original post by jamesthecarpet

Lol

Somewhere between 40-55

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I was 15 when I went clubbing for the first time. Having said that, I'm of Asian descent and grew facial hair a lot sooner than most people so I could get in easier.
Reply 10
over 25 is definitely close to the weird boundary
Reply 11
Original post by paul514
Lol

Somewhere between 40-55

Posted from TSR Mobile

40 is waaay too old! nothing worse than the creepy grinding grandads that prey on 18 year olds in the club!
Reply 12
Original post by pmprin
40 is waaay too old! nothing worse than the creepy grinding grandads that prey on 18 year olds in the club!

Depends what sort of club.

You have different kinds of clubs: Meatmarkets (where people obviously go to hook up and trade stds), hipster clubs (where hipsters go to dance to indie electro rockabilly crunk and sip on sone ****ty IPA) big box drug dens (where people obviously go to listen to house music and EDM and take drugs), high end clubs (exclusive places where you find the hottest women, drug dealers, gangsters, local celebs, the richest men) and dirty student holes (places where most of TSR go).

I'd say if you look over the age of 27 you start to look like an old man in your student holes and a lot of meatmarkets. It all depends what you go to clubs for as well. If you just go to "pull" then you grow out of them quick. Generally though by 25 clubs start to lose their appeal, but some people never grow up.

Clubs are dying though. More people i know in cities prefer bars and 'craft ale' pubs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I'd say if you look younger then you are -- 40-45, if you look your age -- 35, if you look older -- 30
At a certain age clubbing is just...dull.

I'm 27 and I'd rather go out and do something, rather than spend my time around people whose sole contribution to the night's conversation is 'FOAM PARTY!'

Then again, I've never been a fan.
Depends on the club, I'm 30 and would never set foot in a classic student meatmarket hell hole again (i.e. the evil that is Infernos or Clapham Grand). However, as you get older, you get more cash and more cash means better clubs with better DJ's and no bloody Fosters.

On an aside, i used to live in Barcelona and the nightclub Razzmatazz is the greatest place on Earth, would probably keep throwing shapes there at 60
Depends on the club, I'm going to go with 30+
Over 25
I'm 23 and I would find it weird going clubbing now! I kinda think past the uni age (I know mature students etc etc but still) it's just a bit odd. I don't really understand why someone over this kinda age would choose to be in a packed room full of sweaty 18 year olds :u:

Latest