Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh fellow londoners (that are over 18!)
    Go out to the polling stations and cast your votes!!!!!!!
    DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!
    go ken go *waves flag*
    i dont no how many londoners are on this site, but who did people vote for if they did vote?
    and if your over 18, are a londoner, and you havent voted... er...go out and vote!

sorry im getting very excited about this, i just voted for the first time today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!
    go ken go *waves flag*
    i dont no how many londoners are on this site, but who did people vote for if they did vote?
    and if your over 18, are a londoner, and you havent voted... er...go out and vote!

sorry im getting very excited about this, i just voted for the first time today!
    What about the rest of the country??:confused:

ReputationRep:
    DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!
    go ken go *waves flag*

i'm gonna go out and vote at 9.59pm but red ken will not be recieving a vote from me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    What about the rest of the country??:confused:
    err... sorry i dont really no wats happening with voting in the rest of the country... *embarrassed about lack of knowledge* but its the london mayor stuff 2day!

ReputationRep:
    err... sorry i dont really no wats happening with voting in the rest of the country... *embarrassed about lack of knowledge* but its the london mayor stuff 2day!
    and all the local elections everywhere else and the European ones a well. but i've done mine by post (if you were meant to do it postally but forgot you can take it to the town hall today)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    i'm gonna go out and vote at 9.59pm but red ken will not be recieving a vote from me!
    Pfff..."red" Ken...Michael Howard is more "red" than Ken

ReputationRep:
    i hate ken,what a moron

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    i hate ken,what a moron
    kens the best.... *waves flag*...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    i hate ken,what a moron
    I am tempted to agree with you. However, he did a lot to guarantee that the huge antiwar demo in London last year was allowed to climax in a rally in Hyde Park - despite the governments best attempts to stop it happening. For this reason I have a (admittedly superficial) soft spot for him.

ReputationRep:
    I have been out and exercised my right to vote for the first time ever (I wasn't 18 when we had local bi-elections last year)...I feel very responsible now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    I am tempted to agree with you. However, he did a lot to guarantee that the huge antiwar demo in London last year was allowed to climax in a rally in Hyde Park - despite the governments best attempts to stop it happening. For this reason I have a (admittedly superficial) soft spot for him.
    he might look like that on tv or in the papers. but once he came to to the bank to withdraw some money and he was being all rude and arrogant. better future my ass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    i hate ken,what a moron
    dont know if you saw it, but earlier this week in the Evening Standard they were interviewing 4 of the main candidates, and asking them a number of questions, on of which was 'how much does a bus journey into or out of central london - zone1 cost?
    Who managed to answer that question incorrectly, yep Ken - 70p, i dont think so! I cant believe he did not even know that, didnt really impress me!

ReputationRep:
    I voted in the London mayoral elections for the first time to day and I am still excited about it. Ken Livingston has been a great mayor and I'm not so keen on the alternatives especially Not NORRIS. So I voted for Livingston and I really hope he wins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma123)
    dont know if you saw it, but earlier this week in the Evening Standard they were interviewing 4 of the main candidates, and asking them a number of questions, on of which was 'how much does a bus journey into or out of central london - zone1 cost?
    Who managed to answer that question incorrectly, yep Ken - 70p, i dont think so! I cant believe he did not even know that, didnt really impress me!
    lol thats like when bush didnt know the capital of some country. ''i do politics not geography''
    ur the most powerful man in the world for f**ks sake!

ReputationRep:
    If i were voting in London this year (i'm not, i'm still at uni so voting up here), then i probably would vote for Ken - say what you like, but he has done some good things. And what are the other options, really?!

I'm about to go and vote here actually

ReputationRep:
    I voted Labour for everything, including my 1st preference for the London Mayor. For my 2nd preference, I went with the Liberal Democrats. I really don't want to see the congestion charge go away because I think it's working well at the moment. And anyways, I'm not learning to drive soon anyways and will be using the trains and the Tube to travel to uni everyday.

ReputationRep:
    Who are the candidates for London Mayor?

Obviously theres Lab, Con, LibDem...but what of the rest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Who are the candidates for London Mayor?

Obviously theres Lab, Con, LibDem...but what of the rest?
    these are the candiadates, its between kenny and norris

http://www.londonelects.org.uk/candidates/mayor.html

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.