This discussion is closed.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
I think we should support this Bill. It is a disgusting practice to use dead animals for some kind of sexual gratification or initiation ceremony, even if a rare one.
True, although I'm not really sure what difference making it illegal would really make. I suspect it would only stop the initiation ceremonies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unown Uzer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Some people are born attracted to dead animals and they cannot control who they are attracted to. I condemn certain members for being necrophobic and zoophobic. These people deserve the right to marry who they love, even if it is a dead pig, and it is discriminatory to not allow them to do so.
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Andy98)
True, although I'm not really sure what difference making it illegal would really make. I suspect it would only stop the initiation ceremonies

Posted from TSR Mobile
I doubt it would even do that
United1892
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Unown Uzer)
Some people are born attracted to dead animals and they cannot control who they are attracted to. I condemn certain members for being necrophobic and zoophobic. These people deserve the right to marry who they love, even if it is a dead pig, and it is discriminatory to not allow them to do so.
What about paedophiles can they have sex with kids?
TheDefiniteArticle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay. Let people have their fetishes in peace. There can be no downside of someone ****ing a dead animal in private if they enjoy it.

I might consider a Bill to ban certain forms of initiation ceremonies...
TheDefiniteArticle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've got a feeling the word should be 'necrozoophiliphobic', but on the other hand that yields no google results. Necrophobia is just a fear of the dead.

(Original post by United1892)
What about paedophiles can they have sex with kids?
Completely different case; the kids are harmed when raped by a paedophile.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
Nay. Let people have their fetishes in peace. There can be no downside of someone ****ing a dead animal in private if they enjoy it.

I might consider a Bill to ban certain forms of initiation ceremonies...
actually it is possible that the dead animal would still have STI's living in it which could jump to the human and spread... there is definitely potential harm.
United1892
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
Completely different case; the kids are harmed when raped by a paedophile.
Ok what about people who dig up dead people and have sex with them?
MJlover
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What about consent?
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Surely that harms the family of the dead people. Would be distressing

Posted from TSR Mobile
United1892
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
Surely that harms the family of the dead people. Would be distressing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same could be said of the owners of a Dead animal (obviously not as bad).
TheDefiniteArticle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not certain this should be illegal either, but in any event I come from a standpoint that humans have moral value but other animals don't.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Shame, I was going to write a joke bill about piggate and Aph's beat me to it. Fair play to him.
cBay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think it's honest to say there is no harm in ****ing a pig. Didn't aids become a thing because somebody had their way with a monkey?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cBay)
I don't think it's honest to say there is no harm in ****ing a pig. Didn't aids become a thing because somebody had their way with a monkey?
No... Just because it originated in a monkey and the most common form of transmission is via sex does not mean that's how the jump happened. A lot of diseases originate in animals and get transmitted to humans, most recently and well known being Ebola.
And the harm in necrozoophilia would be restricted to the person doing it.

As an aside on HIV/AIDS, the most probable explanation is SIV commonly infects purple who engage in bushmeat activities, however SIV is normally very quickly dealt with by the immune system, so one way or another there was rapid enough infection between people for it to evolved into HIV, probably through poor medical practice or prostitution. With the colonisation of Africa came large cities with a lot of prostitutes, nearly 50pc of the female population of some cities, which gave SIV a lot of opportunities to spread, despite having a low transmission rate in humans. Alternatively, it was post war with mass vaccinations reusing unsterilised single use needles.

Whatever the cause was, it almost certainly wasn't sex with monkeys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheDefiniteArticle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Much as I don't really like the harm principle because people tend to consistently be appallingly irrational, I do think in the case of sexual preferences it's something which the state can't really assess.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Shame, I was going to write a joke bill about piggate and Aph's beat me to it. Fair play to him.
Except I don't think he means it as a joke...
Wellzi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just pointless really. Nay.
Actaeon
Badges: 11
Report 4 years ago
While I find it incredibly distasteful, that in itself isn't really enough reason to make it illegal. There's no harm to other people or live animals in the act, and I very much doubt there have been many cases of people complaining due to others violating their dead pets. A nay or abstain I think.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (99)
24.26%
No (309)
75.74%

Watched Threads