The Student Room Group

Bocconi 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by usualsuspects
I never opposed that, top 5 UK unis are certainly better, but I don't see anyone denying this. Actually, the university is not overrated because in common opinion it is not ranked higher than Oxbridge or LSE (for example).

UCL, by Wikipedia, has 38K students while Bocconi 13K, since it's a relatively small uni focused mainly on economics. So there are probably a bit less societies, but I assure you that there are many (actually, one might argue that there are more than needed).

More than 50% of my class is definitely not Italian. It's true that some may know the language for some reason (family ties to Italy, bilingual education, etc), but these are a small fraction and anyways a French student who can speak Italian, for example, is still French.

I agree with you :smile: When I said overrated I meant in Italy ahah
I got a 1570/1600 on the new sat and got in on the current winter session but didn't receive neither of the two scholarships :frown: i don't know why :'( :'( (my gpa is stellar too)
Reply 182
Original post by scheuchzeri
I got a 1570/1600 on the new sat and got in on the current winter session but didn't receive neither of the two scholarships :frown: i don't know why :'( :'( (my gpa is stellar too)

are you American?

Plus, why are you even applying to Bocconi with that SAT? ahha
I got in with the international award :smile:

Does anybody know anything about the Declaration of value?
Original post by Ibac
are you American?

Plus, why are you even applying to Bocconi with that SAT? ahha

No , I'm from Chile, I applied to bocconi because i thought they would give me a full scholarship with that score and also i don't have rec letters or stellar ecs
Original post by indian007

Congrats !!!!! Were you notified of the award on the acceptance letter?
Thanks, :smile:
Yes.
(edited 7 years ago)
/Has anyone gone through the 'declaration of value' process?

if yes,can u please describe wt u have to do exactly?

Did you apply with SATs? If so, what was your score?
Original post by endearmints
Did you apply with SATs? If so, what was your score?

1470/1600
1470/1600

:frown::frown: I got the exact same score, but was only offered a place without any scholarships.
Hey just a question for the 2018-19 early application. I have a GPA of around 3.0-3.1 (out of 4). Say my SAT is around 1400 and I have a very sparkly resume and motivational essay plus good recommendations. What are my chances of getting in and getting a scholarship?
Hi guys I applied to bocconi undergraduate BIEF and getting my results in a few weeks...I got 1140/1520 on the SAT, and have a 38 predicted for my International Baccalaureate. I also have a v good gpa...How do my chances look?
Hello! I think your sat is strong and gpa is normal. Wish you luck. How did you apply? I thought admission would be open in Octomber.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending