The Student Room Group

Pain inserting tampon

I've been using tampons for about a year now and have never experienced any problems till about three months ago. It really hurts when I put them in, even with like properly squatting/lifting my leg up (sorry for the crude imagery). Before I was able to just put them in normally, but that'd be impossible now. I've googled it and all the articles refer to first time tampon use. Can anyone offer any advice/reason why this might be happening?

Scroll to see replies

I have a lot of pain with non applicator tampons, so I use applicator ones.
Reply 2
Original post by BerniHurton
I have a lot of pain with non applicator tampons, so I use applicator ones.

I do use applicator ones.
Whats an applicator tampon? I thought theres only one type of tampon? :s-smilie: Anyways thats kind of unusual that you would suddenly have pain, you should see a doctor
Reply 4
Original post by driftawaay
Whats an applicator tampon? I thought theres only one type of tampon? :s-smilie: Anyways thats kind of unusual that you would suddenly have pain, you should see a doctor

The ones with the plastic casing that let you push it up.
Original post by Anonymous
The ones with the plastic casing that let you push it up.

That actually has a purpose?? I never knew it was for that, I thought it was just to protect it from bacteria or something lol I always just remove it and apply the tampont without.
I don't get asking us for medical help. Close the laptop for 5 seconds, and go see a doctor.

In the meantime, wear a pad :h:
Avoid spicy foods and eat cranberries. Other than that just inspect for any visible issues and carry out regular procedures

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by driftawaay
That actually has a purpose?? I never knew it was for that, I thought it was just to protect it from bacteria or something lol I always just remove it and apply the tampont without.

Lmfao :rofl: yes it makes them much easier to insert.
Reply 9
Do woman bleed during their period

If yes how much?

Sorry dident find good answers on yahoo

I've been using tampons for about a year now and have never experienced any problems till about three months ago. It really hurts when I put them in, even with like properly squatting/lifting my leg up (sorry for the crude imagery). Before I was able to just put them in normally, but that'd be impossible now. I've googled it and all the articles refer to first time tampon use. Can anyone offer any advice/reason why this might be happening?
Lmfao :rofl: yes it makes them much easier to insert.

I'm with dritawaay, On the rare occasions I've had to use an applicator tampon I've found them too much trouble and just thrown the applicator away. They're just landfill.
Original post by Like_a_Boss
Avoid spicy foods and eat cranberries. Other than that just inspect for any visible issues and carry out regular procedures

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spicy foods?
If you didnt have pain before but do now then you should see a doctor....

On another note, I also think applicator tampons are odd. They don't make things easier at all, in fact I find them very confusing haha
Original post by M&F
Do woman bleed during their period

If yes how much?

Sorry dident find good answers on yahoo

what did you think a period actually was???
Reply 14
Original post by PandaWho
what did you think a period actually was???

period has been very mysterious to me. I am 19 but still don't know what it is properly.

some people say "monthly bleeding" which makes me very shy to ask anyone.
Original post by M&F
period has been very mysterious to me. I am 19 but still don't know what it is properly.

basically generally every month (i say generally because not everyone bleeds monthly) a woman releases an egg, the egg sits in the womb, and the womb creates a really nice comfy lining for it ready to be fertalised by sperm.
HOWEVER if the egg isnt fertalised then the lining (and the egg) shed which creates your period. and comes out as blood, but alot thicker and less often. its not the same blood as you get when you cut your finger.
Reply 16
Original post by PandaWho
basically generally every month (i say generally because not everyone bleeds monthly) a woman releases an egg, the egg sits in the womb, and the womb creates a really nice comfy lining for it ready to be fertalised by sperm.
HOWEVER if the egg isnt fertalised then the lining (and the egg) shed which creates your period. and comes out as blood, but alot thicker and less often. its not the same blood as you get when you cut your finger.

ok thanks. interesting
Original post by M&F

Its quite a lot, I have a mooncup which catches the blood and fills up to 12ml a couple of times a day on a heavy flow, sometimes it overflows :smile: it comes out in bursts and can be different colours (brown, red ) and consistency (runny, clotted, gooey) :smile: tmi?
Is there any chance you could have an sti? Where abouts specifically does the pain come from?
Original post by M&F
ok thanks. interesting

but remember not everyone gets a period every month naturally. i myself have an illness that causes me to not ovulate (produce an egg) every month

Quick Reply

Latest