clolouise16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello:-)

I'm thinking about applying to Nottingham Trent University for Management and Leaderhsip, but I've never been able to visit! Could you give me some ideas as to what the university is like?

Are there many things to do (eg: gym, societies,shopping)?
What's freshers like?
Are the people nice?
What's the area like?
Is it expensive?
Is the nightlife good?
Are lecturers helpful?
Do you enjoy living there?

If anyone does any of the courses I'm thinking about taking then please let me know about them too!
If you could give it a mark out of 10 that would be really helpful!
Thankssss:-)
kpizzle17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by clolouise16)

I'm thinking about applying to Newcastle University for Management and Leaderhsip, but I've never been able to visit! Could you give me some ideas as to what the university is like?

What's freshers like?
Are the people nice?
What's the area like?
Is it expensive?
Is the nightlife good?
Are lecturers helpful?

If anyone does any of the courses I'm thinking about taking then please let me know about them too!
You've put NTU in your titles but Newcastle in your message...which is it?!

I can assist with NTU advice if that's the one!
Jenx301
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm thinking about applying to Nottingham Trent University for Management and Leaderhsip, but I've never been able to visit! Could you give me some ideas as to what the university is like?........................... ...................

Hiya

I don't know about your specific course but I love NTU and wouldn't want to go to another uni. As for your questions:
1) This is hard to answer as there are a lot of freshers so they are all going to be different. They are students like you? I wouldn't say they are particularly different to freshers anywhere else. Same for the people question.

2) Nottingham is like any city in that it has good and bad areas. I think it is a nice city though and there is plenty going on I think there are plenty of nice places here. I wouldn't say Nottingham is expensive compared to other areas of the country really. I enjoy living here, yes, and think there is plenty to do. There are a few gyms to choose from, The Gym is one in the city centre that is cheap and it is good because it is a rolling contract that you can cancel anytime. In terms of shopping, in the city centre there is the Victoria Center and then there is the Broadmarsh Center. There is also some shops along the street. They have all the usual shops such as river island, topshop, H&M, new look, costa, Next, argos etc

3) The nightlife is ok, what kind of stuff do you like? There is pubs, bars and clubs. There are plenty of student nights and different places to suit different tastes. I think you will be able to find something you like NTU has lots of societies, you can look on their student union website to find a list of them!

4) My lecturers are very helpful and they try very hard to get all the students through their course. Obviously I do not know what yours are like but most people I know have no problems with their lecturers apart from the odd boring monotone person.

I think it is a great place to be at uni

Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I'm thinking about applying to Nottingham Trent University for Management and Leaderhsip, but I've never been able to visit! Could you give me some ideas as to what the university is like?

What's freshers like?
Are the people nice?
What's the area like?
Is it expensive?
Is the nightlife good?
Are lecturers helpful?

Hi clolouise16,

Sorry for the late reply, but I finally got round to answering your questions

1.) I had a great freshers! Freshers is very busy as there is lots of events going on (such as Trent Army night, Saturday Antics, Freshers Fair, and your course induction) so you will have plenty of opportunity to make new friends and have fun.

2) Everyone has been put in the same situation (a new city with no one they know) so everyone is being friendly and trying to make friends.

3) Nottingham Trent's city site is located in the city centre so there are lots of restaurants, pubs and cinemas nearby. We are very close to the two shopping malls in Nottingham (Victoria Centre and Broadmarsh) so you don't have to walk far to shop!

4) That's a hard question to answer as people from the North will say yes it is expensive while people from the South will say it isn't! However I will say that Nottingham has been ranked by the Student Living Index 2015 as the third most cost effective university city to study in!

5) I personally enjoy the nightlife! There's something to suit everyone's taste, and student nights at different clubs every night of the week, so you will have plenty of places to go!

6) I again, personally found my lecturers helpful. They would upload the lectures slides onto NOW (our learning portal) before lectures so you could print the slides out and write notes meaning you weren't just copying from the slides in lectures and actually listening to the lecturers. They would also tell me well in advance if there was any reason they couldn't make a lecture (and it would often be rescheduled). They also gave us their email address and a location that they would be at at a certain time so if we had any questions we could email them/ask them.

7) I have LOVED my time here and will be very sad when I leave!

Finally, do you know we have Open Days coming up? They are a fantastic way to get a feel of NTU and decide whether NTU is the right place for you. I have linked you to details on our Open Days below:

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/study_with_us/open_days/index.html

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads