The Student Room Group

30th Sept: Are you or have you ever been bullied?

Scroll to see replies

Yes: I had girls ask me when my parents were going to disown me for not acting like a proper black child.

Also, rumours were spread around the school that I was turned bisexual by my best friend, and my "friends" stopped speaking to me because they didn't want to "become lesbians too". I'm straight, even if I liked girls I don't understand why it mattered so much in order to jeopardise our relationship.

I haven't been in contact with anyone from my secondary school for three years now, and I've never looked back. I'll never let negativity like that affect me again.
Jk, I'm not a bully at all I promise you! I was never bullied nor have I bullied anyone. I actually use to threaten bullies whenever I saw one. I just Wanted to see peoples reaction and you are an awesome person! You seem really nice and always stayed calm even though I done horrible posts. Take care. Btw Those **** who bullied you are vile. I hope you stay strong take care.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yep, it was in primary school. I had two 'friends' who would constantly join together to make fun of me. It ranged from smaller things like, "we know a secret and you don't *cue the laughter*," to making not very nice comments about me on a daily basis and then running away, leaving me on my own.
I told my mum about it and she said to just "ignore them", however that was hard because they were suppose to be my friends and the people I relied on at school.

I look back now and it doesn't seem as bad but as a young child, it harmed my already low self esteem. I was never really good at making friends and I feel like it has contributed to my current anxiety in social situations.

I feel like a lot of parents don't fully understand when they say, "oh, ignore them and just make new friends". It's easier said than done.
Original post by Anonymous

Jk, I'm not a bully at all I promise you! I was never bullied nor have I bullied anyone. I actually use to threaten bullies whenever I saw one. I just Wanted to see peoples reaction and you are an awesome person! You seem really nice and always stayed calm even though I done horrible posts. Take care. Btw Those **** who bullied you are vile. I hope you stay strong take care.

Ahahaha I suspected it was someone just trying to get a rise :L

Nice to hear you have never actually hurt anyone; real bullies don't usually have the stones to openly admit it.

I'll positive rep you when I can next do it :smile:

You take care too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Tada here's my real identity :colondollar: I just wanted to see everyones true colours and how do they react towards bullies- more or less like a social experiment. Sorry If I went to far, hopefully I didn't. You're a really nice person and I hope the fact you got bullied didn't affect you to much. My younger sister actually got bullied. I was so pissed and since the school was so unhelpful I actually went to the bullies house, threatened them and their parents (Since they were in denial) and I told them I would burn their house down. Ever since that she stopped getting bullied by that person but that individual get's their friends to bully my sister. :s-smilie: Don't know what to do since they're females and I'm a male. I obviously can't physically hurt them.
Reply 45
Woops forgot to untick anonymous option. Here's my real identity.

I'm having a derp moment.
Tada here's my real identity :colondollar: I just wanted to see everyones true colours and how do they react towards bullies- more or less like a social experiment. Sorry If I went to far, hopefully I didn't. You're a really nice person and I hope the fact you got bullied didn't affect you to much. My younger sister actually got bullied. I was so pissed and since the school was so unhelpful I actually went to the bullies house, threatened them and their parents (Since they were in denial) and I told them I would burn their house down. Ever since that she stopped getting bullied by that person but that individual get's their friends to bully my sister. :s-smilie: Don't know what to do since they're females and I'm a male. I obviously can't physically hurt them.

Hahaha You seem like a nice guy. They were *******s but I was the successful one who got great grades at GCSE and won two awards at the end of high school. My name is now on one of the science or maths shields (can't remember which) for all future students to look at.

I'm really sorry to hear your sister is going through this terrible situation right now. You need to get your sister to tell the headteacher to sort this out. As far as I'm aware bullying is illegal and you can take the school to court for student neglect/ failing to provide a safe learning environment. My advice would to get your sister a transfer to another school. You can also get the police involved especially if the bullying is of a racial or physical nature. Also seek advice off other responsible adults within your circle; do your parents know about this?

I hope this helps you, Azim.
Wow that's awesome! NOt many people can say that, hope the bullies feel like ****. Haha they're probably going to be working in McDonalds for the remainder of their lives.Thanks for the advice! She's in secondary school (the time people are most vulnerable) and the teachers don't do anything useful. I think I'll take up your advice and tell the school exactly that- they have a responsibility to make sure students are in a safe environment. My parents know about this, however my sister doesn't like this since they go into meetings with the school and just believe the schools BS when they say they'll take action. It ends up getting worse for my sister since she is then seen as a snitch.
Reply 48
Dammit! yet again I forgot to untick the anonymous option! Thank you so much for the advice
Original post by AzimH
Dammit! yet again I forgot to untick the anonymous option! Thank you so much for the advice @AngryRedhead

I hope everything works out alright for your sister. There's nothing wrong with being a 'snitch' when it's your rights that are getting violated.

One of them just lazes around and smokes pot all the time. Not only that but he's silly enough to post it all over twitter and facebook so he's probably going to get done for that at some point. One of the other ones has been to prison already and has got himself a child at such a young age (not that having kids is particularly bad, the little girl is quite pretty but it's too young) and another one does cocaine and abuses steroids on a regular basis so he's making himself quite ill. All are stuck in bad dead end jobs or work in the army and aren't happy there either. I hope this makes you feel better lol.
Haha yes it does! In the end they just have big egos and they'll get whats coming to them. I really do hope my sister makes something out of her life and becomes just as successful as you even though she has hardships in school.
Haha yes it does! In the end they just have big egos and they'll get whats coming to them. I really do hope my sister makes something out of her life and becomes just as successful as you even though she has hardships in school.

They are all silly nasty racist types that venerate Hitler. Really nasty people, don't feel sorry for them.

If it gets really bad for her and her grades start dropping push your parents to get her moved to another school, it's not worth staying and enduring it. I wish you both well in the future.
Reply 52
Yeah you're right. However, the next nearest school is about 40 minutes away. It doesn't help that she's severely dyslexic which means she is slower academically than other people. The idiots just make fun of her cause of that. Like wtf? She can't help the way she is.
Reply 53
Original post by AngryRedhead

Anyway, I'm really sorry If I'm going on and bothering you. I'll try your advice and personally speak to the senior staff members. Thanks for everything. Take care :smile:
Original post by AzimH
Yeah you're right. However, the next nearest school is about 40 minutes away. It doesn't help that she's severely dyslexic which means she is slower academically than other people. The idiots just make fun of her cause of that. Like wtf? She can't help the way she is.

Does she have a formal diagnosis or a Statement of Special Educational Needs? If so she should be able to get a support assistant or someone with her in lessons to help her academically. I'm not a teacher so I don't know exactly how it works I just know when I was in high school I got a support assistant because my mum fought for it and they let me take exams on a laptop and have extra time in exams because my handwriting was atrocious (dyspraxia) I'm fairly certain they make special allowances for stuff like this.

Sadly there will always be people in the world who have no empathy and judge others on factors they have no control over. It's sad but its a fact of life.

Maybe this page will help when it comes to travelling: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/education/school-education/help-with-school-costs/#h-school-transport
Gosh! All of this is really helpful. I will do my absolute best and make sure she gets additional support. I really can't thank you enough. I really do wish there was more people like you.
Reply 56
Gosh! All of this is really helpful. I will do my absolute best and make sure she gets additional support. I really can't thank you enough. I really do wish there was more people like you.
Original post by AzimH

Get your parents to see the school about getting your sister a support assistant and special exam allowances. She might be able to use the laptop in lessons too or have access to a dictionary in exams (don't quote me on that because I'm not sure how it works for those with dyslexia) but, yeah, she should definatly get help of some sort.
I went to a rough school when I was a kid.
I was the victim of racism, being called every name in the book and told to get out of the country.
The council made me move schools, but it was no better.
I was threatened and made a mockery of by one of the locals when I was playing with the other kids in the park because I was new to the area.
We had drunk people damaging our house.
I was bullied when I moved schools.
I was excluded from joining in with the other kids.
I had to stand at the front of class and my teacher told everyone that although I may have no friends now, I will one day.
I’ve been spat on, kicked, punched, slapped, threatened, insulted, stolen from, backbited, mocked and made a show for other peoples amusement in high school.
College was no better, someone has to be at the bottom of the social order.
I have been a reject from the first day.
I’ve never had a girlfriend. Few people want to be around me now.
My sense of self may be damaged yet I carry on. Because in time, I will look back and I will see that I am a survivor.

But life is good now. Never lose faith. Never give up. Take every day as it comes. One day you will wake up and realise that life is a blessing. That might be when you're 20, or 25, or 30. But hang on in there. Because what a fool says and does doesn't define you. You define yourself. You can be everything that you are meant to be.

Where am I now:
I’m going to graduate from a top course at a top uni soon and start contributing positively to society as an educated man with a difficult past. I’m big and strong and you’d never think I was the victim of a life of bullying and oppression.

I never thought I’d be here amidst the struggle. For everyone reading this from a place of desperation, keep hope.
Yeah I was for my last 2 years of primary school where everyone just seemed to hate me and I never knew why, no one wanted to talk to me and called me awful things when I tried so I left at the End of year 6 and when I got to high school I just hoped everything would get better but it didn't. 4 whole years first it was because I was 'too smart' Coughs of teachers pet and snake would be all I'd ever hear when I walked down the corridor or put my hand up in class so I just stopped. Year 8 and 9 it was because of my hair and as trivial as this may sound this was terrible. I got the usual comments, ominous laughter and shouts from across the playground but this also took to the internet and people set up pages just to talk about how awful my hair Is/was. Year 10 I come into school with my hair differently and they laid off for a while until a girl started a vicious rumour about me which made all my friends and everyone else hate me for the entire year, another year on my own- This girl was my best friend. And during all of this I had to deal with my mother being seriously ill with a heart condition at home where I had to be mother by default. This was by far the most difficult thing I have ever experienced.
Now though everyone has matured a bit and seem to be leaving me alone which is good and I've found myself being nice to the people who did all that to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending