The Student Room Group

30th Sept: Are you or have you ever been bullied?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
A sense of community at the end of the day, although people were bullied before? how did you mean that? its a contradiction in my view.

After we have all grown up and matured, I have became best friends with someone who broke my jaw, but not every outcome is the same as mine
Yes. I was verbally, socially and emotionally bullied very badly for 4 years. For a little while I was cyber bullied, (including unwanted pictures taken, circulated and mocked on Facebook, and someone intruding into my account to delete all of my GCSE coursework and creating empty folders titled as jokes telling me to make sure to log off), and occasionally I was physically bullied. I was sometimes sexually harassed and a few times I was sexually assaulted. I was pushed out of groups and taunted a lot, and one time I had 60+ people circling around me to make fun of me and my sister who was not there at the time. One time the police came in to deal with one kid who sexually assaulted me twice. My family and I had rumours spread about us. And I was called many names, was gossiped about, was wound-up, was laughed at and often had things thrown at me in class. I was shoved in hallways, tripped up in a lot of places, catcalled, asked out as a joke, unsuccessfully gaslighted, uncomfortably questioned, threatened and made fun of. I hated facing people who bullied me and even though I am not bullied at all now, I still don't want to face them. And I don't want people to go through what I did.

Spoiler

I am much safer and confident now having done college A-levels and starting uni now. I am much more happier and successful so it turned out alright. Thanks for reading! :hugs:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know if this accounts as bullying, but my brother is often very mean to me. I always try my hardest to be kind, and I never intentionally wish to hurt anyone. He always tells me I'm a bad person, or sister, and that I'm mean. I don't know if it's true, but I'd like to say my biggest fear is to be mean. He makes me sad for long periods where I think I'm a bad person and it affects everything I do, I get paranoid. I often cry about the things he says to me and can't sleep.

Yes that is bullying, who is he to judge? I bet he is no saint. Take no notice of him.
Original post by member1753327
After we have all grown up and matured, I have became best friends with someone who broke my jaw, but not every outcome is the same as mine

Ah, I see. That makes sense. According to the motto: Cads' figthing when ended is soon mended. Is that so?
Yes. I was bullied at primary school and secondary school but not at uni. Now I am bullied by strangers in public. I am over 30 and get bullied on my commute to work by youths (I'm an A&E doctor). As I work shifts, I commute at odd times like late Friday night. They make rasict and homophobic comments at me. Occassionally I fear for my life and have to flee down the train or get off the bus (and get the next bus).

Sometimes I have to retreat back to the safety my office or run into a police station. I often get pushed about or forced out my seat. I have been spat on, puked on and at Halloween been egged.

I was once sexually assulted and had my semen stolen. I was on my way back from work at 2am sitting in 1st class on the train (I have a 1st class season ticket). I was reading an enjoyable book when 3 young girls walked into the carriage nd mde a beeline towards me. two of them held me in my seat while one put my penis in her mouth and sucked me off. I was trying not to get hard but she was hot. Unfortunately I came very quickly in her mouth. She then spat my cum into a bottle and they got off the next stop. My penis was sore with some bite marks.

In another incident, I was on m way to work around 6am. I got off at the station and started to walk to the office. A gang of youths started to follow me. I ran towards my office shouting "terrorists"! They gave chase and tried to follow me into my office. But all the armed policemen ran out. I didnt look behind me but I'm pretty sure the gang **** themselves.

To help record the incidents, I now wear a hidden camera. I also wear a stab vest, cricket box, carry a rape alarm and UV self-defence spray.
I'm actually at quite an average height for my age (162cm, or at least I think so) but I always stuck out since there were loads of people shorter than me.
This kinda caused me to be bullied
Also I have a weird name and people always rhymed it with stupid stuff and bullied me for it
And there was always this annoying EXTREMELY tall girl who always called me moany myrtle cus of my squeaky voice
But I always had really cool people in my class who backed me up- their like superheroes who always come to save ya :biggrin:
I didn't used to get bullied much to be often since I had really amazing friends *_*
Also, when I got bullied, I used to just ignore what they said and still be on good terms with them, which annoyed the heck out of them XXDDD:u:
I was bullied throughout school and first year at college for being quiet and shy. I used to be on my own a lot of the time during my education. I had one friend, but she was hardly there as she was going through her own difficulties. I have always found it difficult to make friends but I have always been determined to do well for myself. Therefore, I studied hard and now I am in my first year studying BA Social Work. I must admit I am really proud of myself for not letting the bullies win and to prove that adopted people can achieve things in life! As cliché it may say there's always light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone goes through difficulties in life, it helps shape us, but no one should ever be bullied.
It makes me really sad reading all of these stories. I really don't understand why some people feel the need to put others down :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Yes. I was bullied at primary school and secondary school but not at uni. Now I am bullied by strangers in public. I am over 30 and get bullied on my commute to work by youths (I'm an A&E doctor). As I work shifts, I commute at odd times like late Friday night. They make rasict and homophobic comments at me. Occassionally I fear for my life and have to flee down the train or get off the bus (and get the next bus).

Sometimes I have to retreat back to the safety my office or run into a police station. I often get pushed about or forced out my seat. I have been spat on, puked on and at Halloween been egged.

I was once sexually assulted and had my semen stolen. I was on my way back from work at 2am sitting in 1st class on the train (I have a 1st class season ticket). I was reading an enjoyable book when 3 young girls walked into the carriage nd mde a beeline towards me. two of them held me in my seat while one put my penis in her mouth and sucked me off. I was trying not to get hard but she was hot. Unfortunately I came very quickly in her mouth. She then spat my cum into a bottle and they got off the next stop. My penis was sore with some bite marks.

In another incident, I was on m way to work around 6am. I got off at the station and started to walk to the office. A gang of youths started to follow me. I ran towards my office shouting "terrorists"! They gave chase and tried to follow me into my office. But all the armed policemen ran out. I didnt look behind me but I'm pretty sure the gang **** themselves.

To help record the incidents, I now wear a hidden camera. I also wear a stab vest, cricket box, carry a rape alarm and UV self-defence spray.

Umm.. Where the f*** do you live? Most people I know wouldn't dream of being so disrespectful to a doctor
Original post by Rainbow Student
Yes. I was verbally, socially and emotionally bullied very badly for 4 years. For a little while I was cyber bullied, (including unwanted pictures taken, circulated and mocked on Facebook, and someone intruding into my account to delete all of my GCSE coursework and creating empty folders titled as jokes telling me to make sure to log off), and occasionally I was physically bullied. I was sometimes sexually harassed and a few times I was sexually assaulted. I was pushed out of groups and taunted a lot, and one time I had 60+ people circling around me to make fun of me and my sister who was not there at the time. One time the police came in to deal with one kid who sexually assaulted me twice. My family and I had rumours spread about us. And I was called many names, was gossiped about, was wound-up, was laughed at and often had things thrown at me in class. I was shoved in hallways, tripped up in a lot of places, catcalled, asked out as a joke, unsuccessfully gaslighted, uncomfortably questioned, threatened and made fun of. I hated facing people who bullied me and even though I am not bullied at all now, I still don't want to face them. And I don't want people to go through what I did.

Spoiler

I am much safer and confident now having done college A-levels and starting uni now. I am much more happier and successful so it turned out alright. Thanks for reading! :hugs:

You sound like you went through the same crap as me, aren't people such wanks? I hope you did better than them anyway and will be much more successful :smile:
I used to be bullied bc of my ethnicity and the way I looked for years during middle school. I cried a lot and I got picked on even more. My self confidence really plummeted :frown:

I got over it eventually and now I'm pretty happy with my appearance. :biggrin:
Never though school or in my life until u turned 17 and went to college. Worst 2 years ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BonnieParker
Never though school or in my life until u turned 17 and went to college. Worst 2 years ever

And what were the reasons that you was bullied in your life so lately (as a rule people are starting to bully someone in a childish age)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending