The Student Room Group

Biology AQA 2015 AS/A2 UMS marks

Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if any of you know how many ums marks I need to get a B overall in Biology aqa A2. i got a C (197 ums) at AS so what do i need to get this year to get a B overall?

Thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anam
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if any of you know how many ums marks I need to get a B overall in Biology aqa A2. This year i got a C (197 ums) so what do i need to get this year to get a B overall?

Thanks.

You'll need to get 420/600 overall (I think). So in A2 you need 223 UMS minimum to get a B.
Reply 2
Original post by ethanstoddart
You'll need to get 420/600 overall (I think). So in A2 you need 223 UMS minimum to get a B.

Ahh i thought so, i worked it out myself and i got 223 ums so just wanted to make sure. i'm going to try and get a B without any resits. do you think thats possible? Thanks btw :smile:
Original post by Anam
Ahh i thought so, i worked it out myself and i got 223 ums so just wanted to make sure. i'm going to try and get a B without any resits. do you think thats possible? Thanks btw :smile:

Yeah it should be doable, all depends on the amount of work you are willing to put in since Biology is mainly just memorising stuff, especially with AQA. I'm planning on resitting my EMPA just to make it a bit easier to get an A this year, but it's not necessary. On that note, if you have the money and don't think it'll be much extra work then why not resit :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest