Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The stupid idiot that I am I put up a post about central concepts when I meant unifying conceps, :confused: so I'm re writing it! Just wondering how, and how much others are revising fo this exam?

ps - thanks mongoose!

ReputationRep:
    I did it back in January. Just keep your wits about you in the exam and try and connect different parts of the syllabus in your mind. I didn't really do much revision at all for it and got an A.

ReputationRep:
    nice one, i aint gonna start revising for it till next week thursday. after one of my physics exam....i take one exam at a time, and the revision that goes with em.

ReputationRep:
    Biology unifying concepts for me is a nightmare. I'm the sort of person who can memorize a certain amount of facts and just write down the definations etc from memory. But when it comes to using my initiative and remembering things from a broad spectrum of biology to apply it to a certain scenario, i come unstuck. I am terrible at Unifying concepts. Really, I suck!

Any help on how to revise for it would be great. I can't bare reading through the entire Biology 1 book as I think that would make me comit suicide. Eeeek, Biology sucks!

I'm also doing Microbiology in a few weeks and that is also nasty nasty nasty! Why did I ever choose biology, WHY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keithy)
    nice one, i aint gonna start revising for it till next week thursday. after one of my physics exam....i take one exam at a time, and the revision that goes with em.
    Yeah, I wish my school had given me the option to do that. It's pretty stupid doing it in june considering I did central concepts back in january, and it doesn't contain anything from module 5.

Past papers are most important for unifying concepts so you can work out how much detail they want you to go into since the syllabus is a bit vague.

ReputationRep:
    visit the ocr website, and download the specification content for Unifying Concepts. It first seems they pretty much list to learn everything in Biology 1, but what's nice about it is that they organise if for u in bullet points, so that u could rummage through the KEY AREAS and chapters that involves them, so in theory u are not learning all of biology 1 although it will seem so.

The chapter that u DEFINITELY DO NOT NEED TO KNOW IS "DIET" of human health and disease. I hope that helps

kingpong, ThunderCat8, keithy, Alexander, DivineComedy I was wondering if any of u do Mammalian Physiology?

I really need "mark schemes" for both Central Concepts and Mammalian Phys, I got lots of past papers but unfortunately with not many markschemes. I have the past papers scanned on my computer and if any of u want any please pm me.

The mark schemes I need are:
    Central Concepts: Jan 2002, June 2002
    Mammalian Physiology: Jan 2003
    Unifying Concepts: Jan 2002, and June 2002

Ive got pretty much every other paper with mark schemes if any of u want 'em.

All help appreciated. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DivineComedy)
    The stupid idiot that I am I put up a post about central concepts when I meant unifying conceps, :confused: so I'm re writing it! Just wondering how, and how much others are revising fo this exam?

ps - thanks mongoose!
    I've just read both Cambridge books, Physics 1 and Physics 2.

ReputationRep:
    I do Microbiology I'm afraid. I would love to see some mark schemes for Unif concepts as I don't have any! I've got 2 past papers but no mark scheme! My school never seems to give us them, *******s!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    I do Microbiology I'm afraid. I would love to see some mark schemes for Unif concepts as I don't have any! I've got 2 past papers but no mark scheme! My school never seems to give us them, *******s!
    Hey i got some unifying papers with markschemes. Wanna exchange? pm me

ReputationRep:
    How would we exchange? I don't have the time to scan all the papers in to my computer. Every spare minute I have I need to revise! Have you got yours on the computer or something or would you have to scan yours in too, as I don't want you to spend ages scanning in a load of past papers. That would make me feel bad that you weren't spending the precious time you've got revising!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    How would we exchange? I don't have the time to scan all the papers in to my computer. Every spare minute I have I need to revise! Have you got yours on the computer or something or would you have to scan yours in too, as I don't want you to spend ages scanning in a load of past papers. That would make me feel bad that you weren't spending the precious time you've got revising!
    lol, u dont revise ALL DAY!!!, yer taking a break rite now on UKL forum - which gives u time to scan whilst browsin the forum. It doesnt take that long to scan "mark schemes" - its past papers that take ageees. I only want mark schemes, and their like about 4 pages to scan. I have my past papers already scanned on my computer, so fear not.

If revision is really pulling on u, then get someone in yer house to help u scan em.

We can exchange em via MSN, I'll pm u now.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any mark schemes at all. Not a single one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)
    The mark schemes I need are:
    Central Concepts: Jan 2002, June 2002
    Mammalian Physiology: Jan 2003
    Unifying Concepts: Jan 2002, and June 2002

Ive got pretty much every other paper with mark schemes if any of u want 'em.

All help appreciated. Thanks.
    I think I have some of those (I'm doing Mamm Phys too), but they're all not on the computer.

My teachers gave me some ******** story about not being able to get hold of January '03 markschemes, so I don't have any of those.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing mammalian physiology (good job too as I'm going for a vet degree!) I don't have a scanner here though, sorry!

alison

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DivineComedy)
    I'm doing mammalian physiology (good job too as I'm going for a vet degree!) I don't have a scanner here though, sorry!

alison

xx
    You got a digital camera? Coz they work quite well, just take a pic of the mark scheme paper, and load onto computer

(Original post by kingpong)
    I think I have some of those (I'm doing Mamm Phys too), but they're all not on the computer.

My teachers gave me some ******** story about not being able to get hold of January '03 markschemes, so I don't have any of those.
    Do u think u can scan me some mark schemes? pm me. I got loads mamm phys, and central concepts on my computer that I can exchange (just lackin' mark schemes)

Thanks Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)
    You got a digital camera? Coz they work quite well, just take a pic of the mark scheme paper, and load onto computer

Do u think u can scan me some mark schemes? pm me. I got loads mamm phys, and central concepts on my computer that I can exchange (just lackin' mark schemes)

Thanks Thanks.
    So you have everything apart from the stuff you listed as needing? I'll go have a look, if I scan them in I'll pm you.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.