chris2791
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi i was wondering if you could read my 6 mark question for biology and rate it out of 6 be harsh because i wanting top marks

Question what is the process of the body cooling itself down when its too hot and what are the consequences if nothing is down about it

Homeostasis is the constant maintenance of the total internal environment; if your body gets too hot it triggers sweating, to loose heat to the surroundings in order to obtain homeostasis. This process is called negative feedback which cancels out any changes. A sensory neuron detects this and is sent to the hypothalamus gland which detects the temperature in the blood, which sends to a pathway to an effector for this instance the blood vessels will vasildate - the blood vessels widen more blood flow to the skin surface so there's more heat loss to the surroundings so the body can restore a core temperature, however if your body cant restore the body temperature by not being able to the respond properly you can dehydrate and get heat stroke and die as a result of enzymes not working at a core temperature
KH94
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by chris2791)
Hi i was wondering if you could read my 6 mark question for biology and rate it out of 6 be harsh because i wanting top marks

Question what is the process of the body cooling itself down when its too hot and what are the consequences if nothing is down about it

Homeostasis is the constant maintenance of the total internal environment; if your body gets too hot it triggers sweating, to loose heat to the surroundings in order to obtain homeostasis. This process is called negative feedback which cancels out any changes. A sensory neuron detects this and is sent to the hypothalamus gland which detects the temperature in the blood, which sends to a pathway to an effector for this instance the blood vessels will vasildate - the blood vessels widen more blood flow to the skin surface so there's more heat loss to the surroundings so the body can restore a core temperature, however if your body cant restore the body temperature by not being able to the respond properly you can dehydrate and get heat stroke and die as a result of enzymes not working at a core temperature
You have the right idea Chris, but it could be better. I am unable to give it a mark, but I can give you some feedback. You need to use more scientific terms and set it out a little better. Good attempt.

Good luck, Chris.
Bal_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by chris2791)

Probably give a 5. I can't really be the judge of this, as I don't know what exam board this is for, best thing to do is check the mark scheme.
Anyways, make sure 'vasodilation' is spelt correctly. Also, instead of 'core temperature', I believe it is better to say 'optimum temperature'. If this is at A-Level standard, it is probably best to state that the enzyme's can become denatured, and that the active site loses its shape, so substrate molecules can't fit into the active site.
chris2791
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.84%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.05%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.29%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise