The Student Room Group

Are most guys taken by their mid 20s?

I'm a 24 year-old girl, and I'd say that since the start of the summer I've met about 4 guys who I've been attracted to and am interested in dating.
Unfortunately, 2 of them have girlfriends, one's engaged with a child, and the other married with a child. With the exception of the married one, all of them are around my age.
It's disappointing, but it's life. Do you think this is the sort of age where most guys are looking to settle down/get married etc.? Thanks
Reply 1
Also, most other guys around me at this age also seem to be in serious relationships, and several are engaged and married.. I find it hard to meet single guys, but I don't really like dating sites. I've used them before and had very bad experiences..
Most would try and settle down at this age tbh, maybe it's just the case of biding your time a bit and giving it a bit of time to find the right type of guy for u. It may sound tedious but once you have it's a massive weight off your shoulders. I wish u all the best though.
I'd steer clear of dating sites lool just try meeting people first irl.
Reply 4
Take solace in the fact that most of them will have been thrown back before their thirties.
Reply 5
Yeah, it's just disappointing, and some of these guys are coursemates so I still have to see them every day, I mean we're friendly but I try and keep a certain distance of course. Yeah I had some nasty or pushy messages on the site I used, and it's just me personally but I don't like the whole idea of going on a date with someone i've never met, I much prefer just getting to know someone irl as you've mentioned.
Thanks for your advice :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Profesh
Take solace in the fact that most of them will have been thrown back before their thirties.

Sorry what do you mean thrown back?
Reply 7
I'm not taken as I have some serious commitment issues.. probably..
well people are dating in their mid twenties so it isnt surprising that most of them arent single at the moment, I dont think that means they found their one true love and wont be single next year.
Reply 9
yeah I guess the unmarried ones especially, it may not necessarily last forever... not saying I hope they break up! lol..i'll just have to wait and see in a few months I guess :tongue:
well, im a 24 years old guy who's not taken :tongue: But i think thats more because people tend not to like me :/

But its the same for guys in regards to women. All the best ones are taken :wink: you only get the leftovers like me unless your quick
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry what do you mean thrown back?

Original post by Anonymous
All the best ones are taken :wink: you only get the leftovers like me unless your quick

I guess you meant that as a tongue-in-cheek comment, but don't put yourself down, man!

OP - simple answer: no. Not sure why you'd think that. Just be realistic about the fact that any guy you meet will be flawed. I'm flawed myself, but my flaws are a lot less serious that the flaws of most other guys :tongue:

Also don't scare them off. Premature talk of marriage will tend to do that - it suggests you're trying to trap them into it so that they end up not having the life they want so that you can have the life you want. Not a good proposition.

Consider that there is no universal definition of a "good catch". One woman's ideal man might be another's nightmare - and vice versa with men considering women.

Also bear in mind that the reason they might be single is because they're not as confident as other guys (at least in terms of approaching women). You're free to set confidence as a high priority for you if you wish, but who knows what you might be missing out on if you just go along with the pushy ones?

And like liverpool-whatever says on this thread, don't push it. Just enjoy your life and maybe someone of interest will come along. Better that than trying to force it. As a TV character once said: "It's easier to convince yourself you're in love than to admit that you're on your own."
Reply 13
I would say not. Plenty of guys still searching for the right girl at 25+. Plus, don't worry, there will be a wave that come back on the market in 30s and 40s post messy divorce..
thanks a lot for the replies :smile: yeah hopefully i'll find someone eventually when the time's right :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending