Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did the mussolini option for module 2, thought it was ok but could have been better.

ReputationRep:
    Re: Unit 1: Russia in Revolution

a) So simple I thought I was missing something.
    b) Best B that could have come up from my perspective (ie somewhat limited knowledge as its a retake, but I knew about that).
    c) OK, quite subtle differences.
    d) Quite hard to directly compare, but overall not overly difficult.
    e) Hardest E question there's been since the specimen, IMO. Though of course that means everyone will have done less well on it....

ReputationRep:
    I did both 'Rise of Fascism' (Q2) and 'Russia in Revolution' (one after each other - oh how my hand aches).

Question E was a sod on the latter, very strange indeed. The 'Rise of Fascism' paper was quite pleasing.

ReputationRep:
    i did question 1 on the rise of fascism, i couldn't think of enough to write on how fascism ideology stayed the same, so had to answer question 1!

ReputationRep:
    Establishing the Tudor Dynasty and the Triumph of Bolshevism. So easy it made me cry.

ReputationRep:
    I did seeds of evil and Fascism.

I think the Fascism paper was the easiest, think I done ok though, although its hard to tell. I did question 2 for the Italy paper, I had so much to say for part a.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Re: Unit 1: Russia in Revolution
    c) OK, quite subtle differences.
    Really? I thought they were quite obvious, compared to the sources in past papers

e) Hardest E question there's been since the specimen, IMO. Though of course that means everyone will have done less well on it....
    Agreed. For a while I thought I knew what I was doing, but I'm really worried that I screwed up on this question, my answer was so badly structured.

This was a re-sit as I got a D in January. I was really worried that they were gonna ask about the role of Stolypin for (b) but I was quite pleased with the Kornilov one.

ReputationRep:
    i did henry VII securing the dynasty, i managed to write about the wrong treaty in b) because i hadn't been taught it and question d) i anwered the wrong sources. Am i doomed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    Really? I thought they were quite obvious, compared to the sources in past papers.
    God, it's fading from my memory already. In a sense I think you're right...the past papers I saw seemed to allow for a "C grade" interpretation and then a more subtle "A grade" interpretation. This wasn't like that, I didn't think, though I'm already struggling to remember what the sources were about... :rolleyes:

Agreed. For a while I thought I knew what I was doing, but I'm really worried that I screwed up on this question, my answer was so badly structured.
    Indeed. I think a lot will have struggled with it. It seemed the phrasing was deliberately designed to prevent you talking about the failures of the Provisional Government in relation to the success of the Bolsheviks, thus narrowing the scope of what you write about considerably.

This was a re-sit as I got a D in January. I was really worried that they were gonna ask about the role of Stolypin for (b) but I was quite pleased with the Kornilov one.
    I got a B/C last summer. Hopefully have got 120/120 this time, as that'll give me some leeway with the A2 units.

Stolypin is an obvious B question. There are only about 10 to 12 things they can really ask about, you've just got to memorise 4 or 5 key facts about each.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. I think a lot will have struggled with it. It seemed the phrasing was deliberately designed to prevent you talking about the failures of the Provisional Government in relation to the success of the Bolsheviks, thus narrowing the scope of what you write about considerably.

Yes i totally agree with that but i wrote about the weaknesses and mistakes of the provisional government anyway! I think it is relevant in providing a full understanding of what the question is actually asking, it said something like DO you agree with the view that the driving force of the october revolution was Lenin's naked ambition--This question is asking us to tell the examiner all of the factors that helped the Bolsheviks to seize power,and really, the weaknesses of the prov gov WERE a helping factor for the Bolsheviks, if the government has been efficient and solved the problems of the workers,soldiers and soviets, would there really be a need for anyone to support the Bolsheviks?? I just made sure i mentioned that the view that the Bolsheviks had a surge of support is a misleading one, because events occurred that had a negative impact upon the Bolsheviks---eg the July days, god LOOK AT ME im waffling now see ya xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danii17)

Yes i totally agree with that but i wrote about the weaknesses and mistakes of the provisional government anyway! I think it is relevant in providing a full understanding of what the question is actually asking, it said something like DO you agree with the view that the driving force of the october revolution was Lenin's naked ambition--This question is asking us to tell the examiner all of the factors that helped the Bolsheviks to seize power,and really, the weaknesses of the prov gov WERE a helping factor for the Bolsheviks, if the government has been efficient and solved the problems of the workers,soldiers and soviets, would there really be a need for anyone to support the Bolsheviks?? I just made sure i mentioned that the view that the Bolsheviks had a surge of support is a misleading one, because events occurred that had a negative impact upon the Bolsheviks---eg the July days, god LOOK AT ME im waffling now see ya xxx
    Yeah...i've changed my mind about that now. I wrote about the PG too and think I just about made it relevant to the question, and think they'll accept it, it is only AS after all.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...i've changed my mind about that now. I wrote about the PG too and think I just about made it relevant to the question, and think they'll accept it, it is only AS after all.
    good glad im not the only one!

ReputationRep:
    did Henry V11 and Luther & the german Reformation.
    thought was quite easy, well as exams go!
    didnt like the first paper we did much earlier in the exams though! did Henry V111 and had a whole q about Thomas Cranmer, whom i know nothing about! oops! lol
    ana xxx

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.