The Student Room Group

I keep attracting older men on Grindr

Hi so I'm kinda bi curious I guess so my friends have pushed me into creating a grindr account but a weird thing that I've soon noticed is that I keep attracting older men like between 32-40 and I'm 19 lolI'm not old looking myself at all, no brag but girls have been calling me ''cute'' for as long as I can remember so I've learned over time that the reason I've been called that is because of my soft features and babyface :redface: which I hate very muchso basically I don't understand why I attract men way older than me? does anyone have experience on this? Thank you
Men like young flesh. The middle aged guys go all pervy on late teen/early twenty people, because we are young and sexy.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi so I'm kinda bi curious I guess so my friends have pushed me into creating a grindr account but a weird thing that I've soon noticed is that I keep attracting older men like between 32-40 and I'm 19 lolI'm not old looking myself at all, no brag but girls have been calling me ''cute'' for as long as I can remember so I've learned over time that the reason I've been called that is because of my soft features and babyface :redface: which I hate very muchso basically I don't understand why I attract men way older than me? does anyone have experience on this? Thank you

Gay guys just really dig young guys. I looked really young when I first started going out, and got loads of gay attention, other friends who looked young have reported the same. I was told the term was "twink". I found it creepy at the time, but I kind of miss it now...
Reply 3
Haha, my gay mate says the exact same thing. Wierd older men keep opening there message with full nude pictures of themselves.
Yep, whether you know it or not, you're a twink and that's attractive to men who want a twink.

They're probably doing it to everyone, on the basis that someone may be interested and if you don't ask, you don't get.
Original post by CAElite
Wierd older men keep opening there message with full nude pictures of themselves.

Women get unsolicited nudes from older men too, of course.
Reply 6
Grindr is full of closeted middle aged, bored men that often have families of their own, do not be surprised by this. All you need in gridr is to have a pulse and someone will send you a message. An older gentleman once offered to pay for a two-way taxi ride if I travelled some 10-15 miles to have sex with him in the middle of the night, around 1am!
Reply 7
Yeah the older guys on Grindr are really creepy, I tend to just ignore them. It really makes me cringe when guys older than my own dad talk to me, I'm just like noooooo!
Reply 8
Original post by Mikulc
Yeah the older guys on Grindr are really creepy, I tend to just ignore them. It really makes me cringe when guys older than my own dad talk to me, I'm just like noooooo!

I feel the same way :lol:
I've not used Grindr in about two years, I prefer OKCupid and PoF.

But yeah as others have said, older guys who want late teens/early twenties are often married and closeted.Some have said that it's a "delayed youth" - they couldn't be openly gay as youths due to society's attitudes at the time, so never got to have young lads. Doesn't make it any less creepy though!

Quick Reply