Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Urgent questions for anyone who has done AVCE Business (AQA) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    New member (year 13 student). I need to send an email to AQA regarding my AVCE Business Studies coursework. The question is, does anyone who has sent AQA an email know whether they have replied back? This is quite an important email. Contents:

I got marked down by the examiner for my marketing coursework when I included everything and I'd like to know why as I had no reason so I must fulfill my curiousity. I was given 24/24 as I had done every task to a good level of detail but the head of dept said that full marks cannot be given out by centres because the exam board (AQA) won't allow it for some reason so the head of dept gave me 22/22 :mad: I then got 16 (or 70 on the mark slip at end of year 12, divide by 4.16 - 24x4.16 = 100 which is what the marks are out of on the result slips). Finally, the teacher who taught the unit decided to give me a conservative 19 which is the lowest A and is still good. Hopefully, I'll be potentially safe than potentially sorry as I hope this mark won't go down.

Also, I think I forgot to assign the page numbers to the 10 pages and 1 page of improvements I did for this unit (unit 3) and also my business planning. Does this matter and will it have an impact on my marks? I don't even know if these improvements are what is required to get a higher mark as nobody (teachers etc) know why I was marked down - if they knew this, they would know what I have to do to increase my marks.

As I think (don't even know for certain) I might go and email the improvements for units 3 and 6 to the exam board and for AVCE Business (there is an email for this subject/course). I don't even know for certain, and my head of dept isn't the type of teacher who would let me see my coursework units after I've handed the units in. He'll say I've had 2 years to do what I want to do now which is not strictly true, and will think I'm strange. I wish the head of business was like the head of IT (a subject I do, Edexcel A level) who wouldn't mind me looking at my coursework at any time. :mad:

This is a rough outline of the email, but there is no point in me sending this email if I don't get a reply. Does anyone have any experience sending emails to AQA? (do they reply)?

ReputationRep:
    Bumping this thread.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.