Turn on thread page Beta

do you lose marks for getting an answer wrong?? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am done my non-calc paper (intermediate edexcel), do u lose marks if u get an answer wrong, tell me as i am v.worried about this!!!

fanks!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well obviously you lose marks in the sense you wont get marks for that particular question.

But you will not have any marks taken away from your correct total if you get a question wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I know A2 Chemistry isn't the same as GCSE intermediate Maths, but my chemistry teacher told us that if you write 3 answers to a 2 mark question (which i always do) and one of the 3 is wrong but the other 2 are right, you will only get 1 mark. She deducts marks for wrong answers...not sure if that is a method examiners use or not, but it might be something to think about for future exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    I know A2 Chemistry isn't the same as GCSE intermediate Maths, but my chemistry teacher told us that if you write 3 answers to a 2 mark question (which i always do) and one of the 3 is wrong but the other 2 are right, you will only get 1 mark. She deducts marks for wrong answers...not sure if that is a method examiners use or not, but it might be something to think about for future exams!
    Yes, but thats the same question... Otherwise someone could quite easilly put down every possible combination of answers... and then one would be right, so you could try and demand the marks. That would not test understanding, just knowledge of the terms.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.