The Student Room Group

10 year old watching a 12A movie?

Hey guys I want to take my kid brother who's 10 years old to the cinema to watch the new DBZ movie which is rated 12A and i'm 17 years old. Am I allowed to accompany him or do we need a person who's over 18?

I hope someone can answer this. Thanks.
You are not an adult.

Therefore although the 10 year old could go with an adult, you cannot stand in for one.
Would they actually check ID's....?
You would most probably get away with it, especially if you don't look younger, but if they did pull you up on it you would be in the wrong and they might not let you in.
Reply 4
Original post by domonict
You are not an adult.

Therefore although the 10 year old could go with an adult, you cannot stand in for one.

Damnit, but what If an adult (myparents) come with us and tell the people at the counter that they give permission for their son to go. Will that be ok?
Reply 5
Original post by dean01234
You would most probably get away with it, especially if you don't look younger, but if they did pull you up on it you would be in the wrong and they might not let you in.

I'm 17 but I look like i'm 20 so should I just go and pay for the adult ticket or show them my ID and tell them i'm 17?
They always think I'm an adult anyways.
Reply 6
Original post by driftawaay

I might show them my ID to get the cheaper ticket. But I look like an adult anyways, I look like i'm 20 XD.
He'll be emotionally scarred, don't do it man.
Does it say what the age is on the website for the cinema? Other option would be to ring and ask them.
they have these rules for a reason :yep:

will you be able to live with yourself if it all goes wrong ?
Original post by driftawaay

i get id'd constantly for 15s and im 18 years old rip
Reply 11
Original post by zyzzyspirit
He'll be emotionally scarred, don't do it man.

lol dude it's only a cartoon that has a few fight scenes thats why it's 12 and over. I don't think he'll be emotionally scarred. He told me he wanted to see it since its like a sequel to another movie.
Reply 12
Original post by the bear
they have these rules for a reason :yep:

will you be able to live with yourself if it all goes wrong ?

I was asking what the rules were, If I'm not allowed to do it then I won't do it. But I mean seriously i'm asking so nothing goes wrong.
Reply 13
Original post by Montypower
Hey guys I want to take my kid brother who's 10 years old to the cinema to watch the new DBZ movie which is rated 12A and i'm 17 years old. Am I allowed to accompany him or do we need a person who's over 18?

Yes you can take him, and they will hardly ask for iD as long as they look old enough.
Reply 14
Original post by kkboyk
Yes you can take him, and they will hardly ask for iD as long as they look old enough.

alright thanks. but we're probably going with the family now.
Reply 15
Original post by Montypower

They won't pay any attention. They will assume either that your brother is 12 or that you are 18, or both. If they ask, tell them you are 18. No biggie. If you're really worried get your tickets online or from a machine at the cinema, the only person who will check is the one who tears it when you go in.
Reply 16
Original post by abc:)
They won't pay any attention. They will assume either that your brother is 12 or that you are 18, or both. If they ask, tell them you are 18. No biggie. If you're really worried get your tickets online or from a machine at the cinema, the only person who will check is the one who tears it when you go in.

thats actually a very sensible idea. Thanks.
It's DBZ FFS what's the worst it could have?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending