Transferring universities for doing 1st year again

Watch
ExplicitAI
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to study 1st year at one university and apply through UCAS to another university for doing 1st year again because of a difference in course content. Is this possible?
Thanks.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ExplicitAI)
Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to study 1st year at one university and apply through UCAS to another university for doing 1st year again because of a difference in course content. Is this possible?
Thanks.
You're not transferring university. You need to remove that from your vocabulary, as that;s completely different - if you read anything about transferring, it won't apply to you.

If you want to reapply for first year you can, but some unis don't like this. You would need to check their website to see what they say. You'd then submit a UCAS application the same as you did last time, so would need a personal statement and reference again.
ExplicitAI
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
You're not transferring university. You need to remove that from your vocabulary, as that;s completely different - if you read anything about transferring, it won't apply to you.

If you want to reapply for first year you can, but some unis don't like this. You would need to check their website to see what they say. You'd then submit a UCAS application the same as you did last time, so would need a personal statement and reference again.
Oh ok, I'll be more clear on this. Basically Hertfordshire said that I'm able to transfer from 1st year to 2nd year on the basis of excellent results from my 1st year modules and by me retaking my A2 exams to get better grades. But to keep my other options available, I wanted to do the same with Queen Mary, but they said no to a 2nd year transfer because my course (Mathematics) doesn't cover a similar syllabus to theirs, so I was wondering if I could do finish my 1st year at Middlesex and then somehow find a way to do 1st year at QM. Similar story to other Universities like Brunel and City.

So in a nutshell, is it possible for me to start 1st year again at a different university for the SAME course? Thanks.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ExplicitAI)
Oh ok, I'll be more clear on this. Basically Hertfordshire said that I'm able to transfer from 1st year to 2nd year on the basis of excellent results from my 1st year modules and by me retaking my A2 exams to get better grades. But to keep my other options available, I wanted to do the same with Queen Mary, but they said no to a 2nd year transfer because my course (Mathematics) doesn't cover a similar syllabus to theirs, so I was wondering if I could do finish my 1st year at Middlesex and then somehow find a way to do 1st year at QM. Similar story to other Universities like Brunel and City.

So in a nutshell, is it possible for me to start 1st year again at a different university for the SAME course? Thanks.
Did you read my second paragraph?
ExplicitAI
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
Did you read my second paragraph?
I have read the 2nd paragraph, but the thing I wanna know is that if Hertfordshire agree for a 2nd year transfer, but QM don't, could I put in my UCAS application for choices to say that I wanna reapply for 1st year in QM but 2nd year transfer for Herts? I also want to do the same for Brunel if they agree to a 2nd year transfer, if not then reapplying for 1st year.

So if I'm reapplying for 1st year for a different Uni but at the moment I'm doing my 1st year at Middlesex for the same exact course, would they frown upon this? I'm looking to retake A2's as well this year anyways.

Someone told me that if I'm retaking my A2's this year and get good grades, then I can apply through clearing to get into 1st year at a different uni, I don't know if this is true.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed