How much work are you doing at the moment?

Watch this thread
pineneedles
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
This question is directed at current year 13's and people who have finished their A levels.
I've been back at school around 3 weeks. I use all of my free periods, some lunchtimes, two hours after school (almost) every weekday and 8 hours over the weekend (that's 2 hours in the morning, two in the afternoon both days) doing work. During this time I'm going over notes, doing textbook questions, and revising the A2 stuff I did after the AS exams. This amounts to at least 20 hours per week, so 4 per subject as is advised by school.
But I feel as though I'm doing too much at this stage? However I don't want to become too relaxed about it and regret doing so.
How much are you doing/how much did you do in Y13, leading up to Christmas? Also, any suggestions on good ways to keep practising the things I've learnt regularly (light revision)?
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
tbh i havent started proper revision yet bc im currently digging myself out of the mountain of homework i'm covered in that's due over the next few weeks and i should have because i'm resitting loads of exams along with my A2s :eek::cry:

i'd say what you're doing should be what everyone else is doing, my school recommends 5 hours per week per subject for AS and 7 hours per week. keep going like this as long as it's not putting too much stress on you. the key is quality of revision not quantity. make sure you take breaks and you're acc understanding what you're doing or there's no point. don't do anything past 9 pm you won't remember it. some people say early morning revision is the best but i haven't tried that. don't burn yourself out, have 2 days a week where you do nothing except maybe like 20 mins of homework so you don't die, and have a treat like go out shopping every other week

use your frees wisely, but lunch and break should be lunch and break. don't kill yourself revising but it's only like 8 months so with determination you can get there and maybe take a gap year where you can just sleep all day errday

KEEP GOING AMIGO

NEVER GIVE UP
zetamcfc
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by pineneedles)
This question is directed at current year 13's and people who have finished their A levels.
I've been back at school around 3 weeks. I use all of my free periods, some lunchtimes, two hours after school (almost) every weekday and 8 hours over the weekend (that's 2 hours in the morning, two in the afternoon both days) doing work. During this time I'm going over notes, doing textbook questions, and revising the A2 stuff I did after the AS exams. This amounts to at least 20 hours per week, so 4 per subject as is advised by school.
But I feel as though I'm doing too much at this stage? However I don't want to become too relaxed about it and regret doing so.
How much are you doing/how much did you do in Y13, leading up to Christmas? Also, any suggestions on good ways to keep practising the things I've learnt regularly (light revision)?
A lot more than me. Whilst in college work as much as you like, but when it's finished relax, do something fun. Don't get burnt out.
LoudandClear
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I've been revising since they started teaching me. I do earth sciences and sport. I make revision cards (like trivia cards to test myself with and a mind map every time we finish a topic in lesson). This way I'm building my resources as we go through the year. I keep testing myself on my cards about 3 times a week and keep my mind maps in my bedroom. When it comes closer to exam season I'll start doing past papers too!
Make homework your priority. Don't mill yourself revising just build up your resources gradually and you'll find your learning as you make the resources as well as when you're using them 😊

This works btw I got A*AA 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (11)
32.35%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (12)
35.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
5.88%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
2.94%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (2)
5.88%
I’m starting to consider my university options (5)
14.71%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.94%

Watched Threads