The Student Room Group

Really bad AS results, can I still do well?

Hey guys,

After finishing my AS levels last year and taking Psychology, Biology, Business & Economics, and Chemistry, I came away with DDDC - with the C in Business.

I don't believe these grades reflect what I am really capable of, and I think I really underestimated AS levels. I only really started working after easter.

I managed to get my subject teachers to predict me BBB after dropping Psychology, but I really am set on going to Cardiff to study Biomedical Sciences which I need at least ABB for.

Although I wanted to retake year 12 I wasn't able to, and so I'm stuck retaking 5 exams and a Biology ISA this year.

My question is: is it still possible for me to get a place on this course - despite probably not having a chance if I apply in October through UCAS. Maybe if I get AAB in my A-Levels I could get in through clearing?

Is it even possible for me to get these grades? Honestly any study help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot :smile:
Original post by Biffalo_
Hey guys,

After finishing my AS levels last year and taking Psychology, Biology, Business & Economics, and Chemistry, I came away with DDDC - with the C in Business.

I don't believe these grades reflect what I am really capable of, and I think I really underestimated AS levels. I only really started working after easter.

I managed to get my subject teachers to predict me BBB after dropping Psychology, but I really am set on going to Cardiff to study Biomedical Sciences which I need at least ABB for.

Although I wanted to retake year 12 I wasn't able to, and so I'm stuck retaking 5 exams and a Biology ISA this year.

My question is: is it still possible for me to get a place on this course - despite probably not having a chance if I apply in October through UCAS. Maybe if I get AAB in my A-Levels I could get in through clearing?

Is it even possible for me to get these grades? Honestly any study help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot :smile:

Hiya this is quite an old thread i just came across. Im im exactly the same situation as you. I got CDDD at uni in geography, biology, pe and psychology. Im predicted BBC with aspirational AAB based on GCSE grades. I had my heart set on birmingham which was AAB-ABB also and have made the decision not to apply. My advice to you would be dont apply unless you have 4 other safe options. If you really want to go there is always adjustment if you do really well next year and if not then apply next year instead :smile: hope this helps, best of luck:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending