Why don't we just take all money off the rich and give it to the poor right now?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Barack Obama
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm in favor of this. They don't need all that money.

All rich people are arrogant and should be shot. Not only have they plunged us into economic chaos, but they also cause endless poverty and wars through their selfish desire for more money.

They should have their wealth expropriated and given to the poor who need it most.

EDIT: According to Oxfam, the 85 richest people are as wealthy as poorest half of the world - let's see you right wingers defend that LOL. Rich people should be eaten.

"Trickle down economics..."

Speckle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We do... taxes.

Or maybe you mean we should take more so that everyone is equal in society. Sounds like communism.
BigItch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would rather they go for tax dodgers such as Murdoch who still owes £400 Million plus in business tax then take 40% off anyone earning above £42,300
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BigItch)
I would rather they go for tax dodgers such as Murdoch who still owes £400 Million plus in business tax then take 40% off anyone earning above £42,300
Why is it that people like Princess Diana and John Lennon get assassinated/die in accidents but ***** like Murdoch don't?

Because the world is unfair. That is also the answer to the OP's question.
catzilla
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its called "Trickle down economics" so essentially the wealthy are helping the poor.
Jonny360
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What makes you entitled to a single penny of someone else's money?

What is your 'fair share' of what someone else has earned?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Barack Obama)

All rich people are arrogant and should be shot. Not only have they plunged us into economic chaos, but they also cause endless poverty and wars through their selfish desire for more money.

They should have their wealth expropriated and given to the poor who need it most.
the poor would just spend it on scratch cards, ciggies and high-end trainers.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jonny360)
What makes you entitled to a single penny of someone else's money?

What is your 'fair share' of what someone else has earned?
this. Yes some people are rich bc they were born into it, many others have earned their money by sheer hard work and dedication. Obviously aid should be given to those who are poor due to circumstance e.g natural disasters etc but just giving all of the riches money to other people is unfair.
TorpidPhil
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ahhh students and their naive optimism. Bless them.
Betelgeuse-
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

You wouldnt have a laptop or phone or internet or the student room forum or electricty or pretty much anything decent.. IF THERE WAS NOT AN INCENTIVE FOR PEOPLE TO OFFER THOSE SERVICES

That incentive is called money
BoomCha!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Disgusting post. Shoot all rich people? Are you mad? God I hate these leftie rats.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Poor must be put to work at all costs.
SecretDuck
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not all rich people are like the bankers in the Wolf of Wall Street, wasting money on hookers and super-yachts to look "cool".
hihihihihi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sweet logic brah.
Gears265
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Because it is illegal. God I hate you left wingers so much!
troubadour.
Report 5 years ago
Because it is either lawfully earned or lawfully inherited.
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Darwinism brah - everyone with the most green gems generally commented which is hilarious

HOW DARE THEY TAKE OUR GEMS!
BigItch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by driftawaay)
Why is it that people like Princess Diana and John Lennon get assassinated/die in accidents but ***** like Murdoch don't?

Because the world is unfair. That is also the answer to the OP's question.

This may be off topic but I am going to clear my stance both 100% assassinations. Well murdoch should be ordered to pay everything back, benefit frauds are forced to pay everything back but there is a difference. Cameron will not ask him to pay tax when Murdoch is virtually kissing the conservatives asses on a daily basis. Most people purchase the sun for page 3, to someone who does not look at politics they would believe every word of the sun because of its unique selling point page 3. Here is the article http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/299543.stm
slade p
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You leftists are pathetic, always begging for money. Yes they don't need all that money personally and should give some to charity but if you take their money and give it to poor people then they will stop doing the work which they do to get rich or will leave the country and so eventually there will not be the money to handout to you leftist parasites, as well as it affecting the general economy.
BigItch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by web-girl)
Its called "Trickle down economics" so essentially the wealthy are helping the poor.
They despise it- they wait for welfare and public spending to be cut and redistributed to the people at the top who have more money then sense via tax cuts and corporation taxes, and if it there is not enough money to cut corporation taxes they will throw in the odd sale of a public utensil. People Accuse Corbyn of being from the 1970's but if Cameron could get away with out a major backlash he would stop the living wage and abolish the minimum wage so he could be more like scrooge. Also some of his policies are done for personal gains to his donors or himself, the crackhead who sits to the right of him or Boris Johnson.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (46)
22.44%
Unhappy (56)
27.32%
Conflicted (103)
50.24%

Watched Threads