Why don't we just take all money off the rich and give it to the poor right now?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
BigItch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by slade p)
You leftists are pathetic, always begging for money. Yes they don't need all that money personally and should give some to charity but if you take their money and give it to poor people then they will stop doing the work which they do to get rich or will leave the country and so eventually there will not be the money to handout to you leftist parasites, as well as it affecting the general economy.
What makes you think they will leave when most of the most successful businesses and entrepreneurs do not pay UK tax what so ever , you would rather have people out on the streets ,dead or worrying about money then to help people out. Plus if tax was to be abolished there would be a mass loss of jobs.
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
bich if i worked my arse of and ended up making millions/ year and you little **** come along and take even a fookin penny i will literally shoot you

however i like to think i am generous and will donate a good chunk to the poor and needy

work hard, play hard

i am from a poor family who also grew up poor, and they worked their asses off to get an education and food, and now they are working class and sometimes we have good money sometimes we don't, at the moment we don't and we can't afford certain things but we would never ever EVER take anything from anyone who worked hard for their money

just cos you're miserable and poor don't latch onto someone who has a good life and make theirs miserable because they have to pay you for earning less than them

ffs these things make me so mad

edit: there's also certain benefits and that if you need them to get back up on your feet
BigItch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It depends how much they earn really I believe anyone who is self employes (sole trader) or LTD earning less then £100,000 should pay 10% tax it is currently 20% and i think people like Murdoch and there is many people like it earning many millions a year should be forced to pay more maybe 25-30%. I do not mind big companies being successful but i do not like it when they are taking the p1ss and paying no taxes
BigItch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In most cases what about drug dealing or Money laundering and the gradual deposit to the bank
(Original post by Hydeman)
Because it is either lawfully earned or lawfully inherited.
troubadour.
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BigItch)
In most cases what about drug dealing or Money laundering and the gradual deposit to the bank
Both of those are already illegal. If found out, anybody who became rich by money laundering or selling illegal drugs would, at the very least, be heavily fined and imprisoned, if not have the wealth confiscated altogether.
Barack Obama
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
IMO, working at a sweatshop for $2 a day while your family is starving to death is MUCH harder work than sitting in some air conditioned office in Surrey, staring at stock reports like some **** chucking ape.
So Instinct
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
the poor would just spend it on scratch cards, ciggies and high-end trainers.
The latter being the only thing worth buying :awesome:
troubadour.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Barack Obama)
IMO, working at a sweatshop for $2 a day while your family is starving to death is MUCH harder work than sitting in some air conditioned office in Surrey, staring at stock reports like some **** chucking ape.
Yes, and the logical conclusion of that patently unfair situation justifies your position that 'the rich' should have their wealth, fairly or unfairly earned, taken away from them and that they should be shot because they have more stuff than you. Totally makes sense...
TimmonaPortella
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not about hard work. It's about value provided and leverage.

I couldn't care less that 85 families are wealthier than half of the world. They've generally got in that position by providing enormous value to the world.
BigItch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hydeman)
Both of those are already illegal. If found out, anybody who became rich by money laundering or selling illegal drugs would, at the very least, be heavily fined and imprisoned, if not have the wealth confiscated altogether.
If they are caught they will, there will be more people getting away with it there is one on my estate who makes a lot hides it somewhere and invests in housing so unfortuantly it is untraceable just like cash in hand. Generally speaking in this thread lets not forget about 1977-1978 the tax rate was 33-35% for everyone.
troubadour.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BigItch)
If they are caught they will, there will be more people getting away with it there is one on my estate who makes a lot hides it somewhere and invests in housing so unfortuantly it is untraceable just like cash in hand. Generally speaking in this thread lets not forget about 1977-1978 the tax rate was 33-35% for everyone.
Alright... I don't see how it pertains to my original point. If they're getting away with it, well, that's something for law enforcement to deal with. The OP's suggestion that rich people be shot and their wealth taken from them is what I find exceptionally immature.
BigItch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you read the first sentence it is . With Launders and Dealers read to generally speaking. which means this thread as a whole. They do not get caught any more.
MAINE.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm in favor of this. They don't need all that money.

All rich people are arrogant and should be shot. Not only have they plunged us into economic chaos, but they also cause endless poverty and wars through their selfish desire for more money.

They should have their wealth expropriated and given to the poor who need it most.

EDIT: According to Oxfam, the 85 richest people are as wealthy as poorest half of the world - let's see you right wingers defend that LOL. Rich people should be eaten.

"Trickle down economics..."

Simple. Because if you do that nobody is incentivised to work to become rich and so your economy goes completely to chit. This is also known as communism.
Barack Obama
Rep:
?
(Original post by MAINE.)
Simple. Because if you do that nobody is incentivised to work to become rich and so your economy goes completely to chit. This is also known as communism.
rich people need more money to be incentivised to work, yet poor people need LESS money to be incentivised to work... funny dat.

Edit: whatever, i'm bored with this thread. laterz.
Barack Obama
Rep:
?
(Original post by slade p)
You leftists are pathetic, always begging for money. Yes they don't need all that money personally and should give some to charity but if you take their money and give it to poor people then they will stop doing the work which they do to get rich or will leave the country and so eventually there will not be the money to handout to you leftist parasites, as well as it affecting the general economy.
hey can i borrow a quid
Little Popcorns
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Imperion)
I think you deserve to be shot as well.
What. THE. ****?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Little Popcorns
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gears265)
Because it is illegal. God I hate you left wingers so much!
Don't mean to alarm you but you talk utter ****e. One minute you're slating Cameron next you're advocating Green policies and Corbyn then you're saying God I hate all you left wingers. You're official one messed up hoe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

All rich people are arrogant and should be shot. Not only have they plunged us into economic chaos, but they also cause endless poverty and wars through their selfish desire for more money.

They should have their wealth expropriated and given to the poor who need it most.

EDIT: According to Oxfam, the 85 richest people are as wealthy as poorest half of the world - let's see you right wingers defend that LOL. Rich people should be eaten.

Maybe because they deserve it? Not everybody is rich because they just got lucky and not every poor person is poor due to bad luck. In most cases there are actions and there are consequences, people who are rich now may have worked their asses of previously and people who are poor maybe spent their whole life seeking for benefits without taking any action to improve quality of their existence. Just check those ridiculous hours that investment bankers and corporate lawyers spend working!
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Oi! I'm the forums looney lefty! Your in my spot. Shift!
Reader106
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, I think it's disgusting that the rich should pay for the poor. Why should my £50,000 or £100,000 worth of effort be taxed for some person I don't even know? You worked hard? You should be awarded with the salary you DESERVE and not be forced to pay for some mong in Essex. No thank you.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (77)
11.83%
Virtual campus tours/open days (158)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.99%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.06%
A uni comparison tool (152)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (153)
23.5%