Why don't we just take all money off the rich and give it to the poor right now?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
_icecream
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Barack Obama
ModYom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hi? the guy sounds like a bleeding heart lib
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Barack Obama)
How are they exactly? If capitalists are allowed to move their capital freely around the world, why shouldn't workers be able to freely move their labor around? Why should capital be given more rights than labor, just so the rich take can advantage of poor working conditions around the world & creating a race to the bottom in the process?

If you're in favor of any form of immigration control, then you're against free markets. Labor is a form of capital, just like a factory or a warehouse is. Immigration control is the state interfering with labour markets.
Just lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Imperion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Little Popcorns)
I'll leave a bad taste in your mouth *socks Imperion in the face*
1v1 me right now. 360 no scope, get hypa.
Sparster
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Barack Obama)

All rich people are arrogant and should be shot. Not only have they plunged us into economic chaos, but they also cause endless poverty and wars through their selfish desire for more money.
Brutal and wrong. Not being a prick but by no means are all rich people arrogant and at the end of the day, without some people being richer than others, our country would be utter ****e. 45% of the richest people's salaries are taxed and completely removed. If someone earns 1 million a year, 450,000 of that goes to the poor. How can you say that that isn't helpful? It may not be entirely fair that some are richer than others but some definitely do deserve to be richer than others. The situation is not ideal but saying that rich people should be shot is utterly wrong.
Barack Obama
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by _icecream)
Hi Barack Obama
sup dude
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Who is OP to tell people like Elon Musk that they shouldn't have had the money to create SpaceX.

Also, this is the UK. Even as a poor question i'm richer than half the world so i don't care about those 85 richest people.
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Doing it all right now would cause an economic crash and it wouldn't provide stability of income to the poor. Therefore it should be done slowly and systematically
troubadour.
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sparster)
Brutal and wrong. Not being a prick but by no means are all rich people arrogant and at the end of the day, without some people being richer than others, our country would be utter ****e. 45% of the richest people's salaries are taxed and completely removed. If someone earns 1 million a year, 450,000 of that goes to the poor. How can you say that that isn't helpful? It may not be entirely fair that some are richer than others but some definitely do deserve to be richer than others. The situation is not ideal but saying that rich people should be shot is utterly wrong.
I agree with your post. Just wanted to point out one thing though: income tax in the UK is bracketed. So you only pay the 45 percent rate on earnings over £150 000. For example, if you were earning £150 001, you would pay no tax on the first £10 600, 20 percent on the next thirty-something thousand, 40 percent between the amount above that up to £150 000, and finally 45 percent (45p) on earnings above the £150 000 threshold. So the overall tax rate is usually less than 45 percent.
Sparster
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hydeman)
I agree with your post. Just wanted to point out one thing though: income tax in the UK is bracketed. So you only pay the 45 percent rate on earnings over £150 000. For example, if you were earning £150 001, you would pay no tax on the first £10 600, 20 percent on the next thirty-something thousand, 40 something between the amount above that up to £150 000, and finally 45 percent (45p) on earnings above the £150 000 threshold. So the overall tax rate is usually less than 45 percent.
Hi, yeah you have a very fair point. My point ends up roughly the same though, the rich do end up paying an extraordinary amount of money which goes to the poor. Yes some may be pricks and others lucky to be where they are but they do hitch the poor up quite dramatically from their taxes. Good point.
Little Popcorns
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Imperion)
1v1 me right now. 360 no scope, get hypa.
I win
troubadour.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sparster)
Hi, yeah you have a very fair point. My point ends up roughly the same though, the rich do end up paying an extraordinary amount of money which goes to the poor. Yes some may be pricks and others lucky to be where they are but they do hitch the poor up quite dramatically from their taxes. Good point.
Yeah, I agree. I probably couldn't find a link but I remember reading a Guardian article about how the top 1 percent of earners are responsible for 30 percent of all income tax revenue, a point that I was surprised to see the Guardian not doing its level-best to suppress in the data.

The OP sounds quite immature with his insistence that the rich are all arrogant pricks who deserve to be shot just for having more money than other people. Of course, he could be a Communist who believes that private ownership of anything is theft... That would explain his view.
Sparster
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hydeman)
Yeah, I agree. I probably couldn't find a link but I remember reading a Guardian article about how the top 1 percent of earners are responsible for 30 percent of all income tax revenue, a point that I was surprised to see the Guardian not doing its level-best to suppress in the data.

The OP sounds quite immature with his insistence that the rich are all arrogant pricks who deserve to be shot just for having more money than other people. Of course, he could be a Communist who believes that private ownership of anything is theft... That would explain his view.
Haha yeah probably... Or just trolling. All the people I know who have rich parents are such genuine guys. I feel like private school people get stereotyped unreasonably hard sometimes lol. Then again, I am sure the reverse is true.
Gladiator12345
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Austerity is a political choice we need to tax more to help everyone
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Who is OP to tell people like Elon Musk that they shouldn't have had the money to create SpaceX.

Also, this is the UK. Even as a poor question i'm richer than half the world so i don't care about those 85 richest people.
Who is Elon Musk to decide what is the best use for the resources held by the human race?
troubadour.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by scrotgrot)
Who is Elon Musk to decide what is the best use for the resources held by the human race?
Resources held by the human race? What nonsense. Unless you're a Communist, you can't really be arguing that privately held resources are the property of all humans. He's only deciding the best use of his own resources.
TimmonaPortella
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by scrotgrot)
An extremely smart and innovative man who gained the right to allocate our resources by providing the human race with value in the first place.
Imperion
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I win
What? We haven't even 1v1 me. I'll rekt you so hard, m9.
Little Popcorns
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Imperion)
What? We haven't even 1v1 me. I'll rekt you so hard, m9.
I got hoes I got hoooooes in different area codes area codes I got hoes.

Won.
Imperion
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got hoes I got hoooooes in different area codes area codes I got hoes.

Won.
Dank copy pasta/69 bruh.

Pop into my club, I r8 'em 8/8 Don't h8, just congratul8
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (77)
11.83%
Virtual campus tours/open days (158)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.99%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.06%
A uni comparison tool (152)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (153)
23.5%