Is anyone watching casualty? Watch

Hevachan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I can't believe this story line has even been allowed o.o I feel so uncomfortable
Leviathan1741
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nooo, Casualty mentally scarred me when I was a kid, the theme tune still terrifies me to this day
Jenx301
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i watched it............ madness........
FKA Stiglitz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The aftermath from the media will be insane, no doubt.
glo420
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what's happening?
ZuluK
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hevachan)
I can't believe this story line has even been allowed o.o I feel so uncomfortable
why whats happening? I'm out so cant watch it. tell me
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It was never watched in my house when growing up because my mother worked in a hospital, and I have never had the inclination to watch it since.
Hevachan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
Nooo, Casualty mentally scarred me when I was a kid, the theme tune still terrifies me to this day
Lmao! Tbf I was forever disturbed by someone nearly eating a finger in a sausage sandwich episode xD things have become much more complex o.o
Hevachan
Rep:
?
(Original post by FKA Stiglitz)
The aftermath from the media will be insane, no doubt.
Seriously...idk what the message they were trying to send with that was o.o but it wasnt positive
Leviathan1741
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lmao! Tbf I was forever disturbed by someone nearly eating a finger in a sausage sandwich episode xD things have become much more complex o.o
Haha, my mum loved Casualty and the second I heard the theme tune start I'd run upstairs as it freaked me out so much. I remember watching an episode where the brakes failed on an ambulance, and I refused to go in the car for ages afterwards
Hevachan
Rep:
?
It was a whole storyline about an islamic extremist shooting in the hospital.. I missed the first half so I dont know why he was doing it but there was a really awkward story line between two muslims..
'salaam.. why are you doing this? there are no verses in my quoran which say killing it allowed'
it was like he was talking directly to potential islamic extremists.. which is so weird.. why would they be watching casualty? :']
Plus like... ugh it was so wrong! XD it was streotyping and giving muslims a really hard time.. blah!
Hevachan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
Haha, my mum loved Casualty and the second I heard the theme tune start I'd run upstairs as it freaked me out so much. I remember watching an episode where the brakes failed on an ambulance, and I refused to go in the car for ages afterwards
Haha it is scary stuff XD I love the tune though!
Leviathan1741
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Haha it is scary stuff XD I love the tune though!
It is
angelcake123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I watched Casualty haha

They always include controversial matters or matters that are misunderstood by society. Like a couple weeks ago there was obejctum sexual or something (i probably spelt it wrong lmao) and today it's about muslim extremists

At least the plot isn't predictable
Posted from TSR Mobile
angelcake123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
'salaam.. why are you doing this? there are no verses in my quoran which say killing it allowed'
it was like he was talking directly to potential islamic extremists..

it was giving muslims a really hard time.. blah!
Hm I'd disagree. I don't think that message was aimed for extremists. I think it was aimed at people who think muslim terrorists/extremists are motivated by the quran. It showed us that one muslim was an extremist, whilst the other muslim was telling the extremist that killing was wrong. They both read the same quran. It was showing us that Muslim is a religion of peace and 'true' Muslims don't support their terrorist acts.

I'm not Muslim and I think that message was pretty clear from casualty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hevachan
Rep:
?
(Original post by angelcake123)
Hm I'd disagree. I don't think that message was aimed for extremists. I think it was aimed at people who think muslim terrorists/extremists are motivated by the quran. It showed us that one muslim was an extremist, whilst the other muslim was telling the extremist that killing was wrong. They both read the same quran. It was showing us that Muslim is a religion of peace and 'true' Muslims don't support their terrorist acts.

I'm not Muslim and I think that message was pretty clear from casualty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yes thats a good way of looking at it.. Idk I kind of felt a little bit patronised, but maybe its because that was already so apparent to me? I feel like if you were prejudiced against muslims it would have made you believe they were all terrorists.. and if you arent prejudiced then just feelings awkward.. maybe thats just me though

** okay not all terrorists but for it to not be uncommon
Hevachan
Rep:
?
I watched Casualty haha

They always include controversial matters or matters that are misunderstood by society. Like a couple weeks ago there was obejctum sexual or something (i probably spelt it wrong lmao) and today it's about muslim extremists

At least the plot isn't predictable
Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha I haven't watched it since the days where it was just someone falling off a ladder and then some vague drama between the doctors.. it was weird that I ended up watching it on such a dramatic episode! XD
angelcake123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh yes thats a good way of looking at it.. Idk I kind of felt a little bit patronised, but maybe its because that was already so apparent to me? I feel like if you were prejudiced against muslims it would have made you believe they were all terrorists.. and if you arent prejudiced then just feelings awkward.. maybe thats just me though

** okay not all terrorists but for it to not be uncommon
I don't know why you'd think that though? If one was prejudiced towards all muslims before the show, then watched it, they may reconsider. But if one wasn't prejudiced, they'd just continue their views. I don't think it stereotyped Muslims as being terrorists. They simply took a reality situation (as most terrorists are Muslim in 21st century) and they made it clear that whilst 'all' terrorists are Muslim, not all Muslim are terrorists.

But its fine you're allowed to watch a show and take your own message from it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hevachan
Rep:
?
I don't know why you'd think that though? If one was prejudiced towards all muslims before the show, then watched it, they may reconsider. But if one wasn't prejudiced, they'd just continue their views. I don't think it stereotyped Muslims as being terrorists. They simply took a reality situation (as most terrorists are Muslim in 21st century) and they made it clear that whilst 'all' terrorists are Muslim, not all Muslim are terrorists.

But its fine you're allowed to watch a show and take your own message from it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah maybe.. perhaps its because I didn't watch it from the beginning i dont know.. who knows XD
angelcake123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah maybe.. perhaps its because I didn't watch it from the beginning i dont know.. who knows XD
Aww that might be it, don't worry haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (113)
58.85%
No (79)
41.15%

Watched Threads