The Student Room Group

How hard is it to get into Hertie School of Governance?

Hi,

I saw some threads where people have discussed the quality and scope of Hertie School's MPP degree. It seems to be a good school (some say best in Europe).

I was wondering how hard is it to get into Hertie School of Governance? What things do you think matter most in the application?
Reply 1
Adcoms use the standard metrics as other schools. Academic, professional and motivation. Adcom may evaluate you compared to your peers and how you can contribute to class room.

A Hertie student posted a few yrs ago the unverified stat for MPP: 1 place to 10 applicants, comparable to LSE MPP. This was before the introduction of MIA at Hertie and hence more places.

I think it is easier to get admitted to Hertie as it is a relatively new programme compared to the established MPP/MPA in Europe or US. In various forums, one finds often the result that some applicant at multiple peer unis (LSE, Sciences Po, Oxford, College of Europe and Hertie). The outcome among good applicants is often accepted at Hertie, but dinged at 1-3 of the other MPPs. Obviously strong applicants get into all. You never see the opposite of accepted at LSE,Ox, SP and dinged at Hertie. I know a few Hertie students who are admitted with but dinged at LSE.

Original post by vexona
Hi,

I saw some threads where people have discussed the quality and scope of Hertie School's MPP degree. It seems to be a good school (some say best in Europe).

I was wondering how hard is it to get into Hertie School of Governance? What things do you think matter most in the application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending