matrix multiplication

Watch this thread
nityaaditya
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
if M = 1 1 matrix
1 2
then what would be matrix
1.M square
2. M cube

please help me in this math problem i have the matrix is in column matrix
i could not put the brackets on sorry.
please help me.
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nityaaditya)
if M = 1 1 matrix
1 2
1.M square
2. M cube

please help me.
I think I get what you're asking. Have you learned how to do matrix multiplication yet?

Do I understand correctly that this is the question:

1. \begin{bmatrix} 1 & 1 \\1 & 2 \end{bmatrix}^2
2. \begin{bmatrix} 1 & 1 \\1 & 2 \end{bmatrix}^3
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
if M = 1 1 matrix
1 2
1.M square
2. M cube

please help me.
\text{If} \: \textbf{M}=\left( \begin{array}{cc} 1 & 1 \\ 1 & 2\end{array} \right) \\

\text{Then} \textbf{M}^2=?, \: \textbf{M}^3=?

Is an okay of writing it in \LaTeX.

As for the question, what have you done so far?
nityaaditya
Rep:
(Original post by Plagioclase)
I think I get what you're asking. Have you learned how to do matrix multiplication yet?

Do I understand correctly that this is the question:

1. \begin{bmatrix} 1 & 1 \\1 & 2 \end{bmatrix}^2
2. \begin{bmatrix} 1 & 1 \\1 & 2 \end{bmatrix}^3

yes thats the question please help me with the answer thanks
Plagioclase
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
yes thats the question please help me with the answer thanks
We can't give you worked solutions, what have you done so far? Have you learned the method of matrix multiplication?
nityaaditya
Rep:
We can't give you worked solutions, what have you done so far? Have you learned the method of matrix multiplication?
no thats i asked asked u for the answer we got it in an math quiz and i dint know the answer i thought i would get the answer from here because i wanted to know what is this matrix multiplication and i wanted to know what the answer was so i asked it here
please give me the answer please
thank you
Plagioclase
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
no thats i asked asked u for the answer we got it in an math quiz and i dint know the answer i thought i would get the answer from here because i wanted to know what is this matrix multiplication and i wanted to know what the answer was so i asked it here
please give me the answer please
thank you
No I can't give you an answer because it's not going to help you if you still don't know how to work it out!
nityaaditya
Rep:
No I can't give you an answer because it's not going to help you if you still don't know how to work it out!
why not please
davros
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
why not please
It's against the rules of the forum to provide solutions.

To be honest, the correct way to approach questions like this is to learn the technique first and then have a go at the question!

If you google 'matrix multiplication' you will find any number of tutorials that will show you how to multiply matrices, and then you can have a go at the question yourself. If you still get stuck, post back here with your working and someone will help you
Plagioclase
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
why not please
Because TSR isn't here to do someone's homework for them, it's here to actually help people. If you're willing to show us what you've tried then we can help you but telling you the answer won't help you. If you desperately want an answer then I'm sure there are websites that multiply matrices for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (146)
66.67%
No (47)
21.46%
I didn't use it to prepare (26)
11.87%

Watched Threads