laurendavies41
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm looking to study Film Production at uni in 2016 and right now I'm trying to decide between AUB and Staffordshire. I've been to both open days and the Staffordshire course tutors seem to be a lot more enthusiastic and I now know a lot about the assessment/trips/opportunities. AUB appears to be a better uni and has the reputation but the course tutor didn't really give us much information and once I left I realised I don't really know about any of the opportunities offered to us. Is anyone else also deciding between these? Is anyone currently doing film at either of these uni's?
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by laurendavies41)
I'm looking to study Film Production at uni in 2016 and right now I'm trying to decide between AUB and Staffordshire. I've been to both open days and the Staffordshire course tutors seem to be a lot more enthusiastic and I now know a lot about the assessment/trips/opportunities. AUB appears to be a better uni and has the reputation but the course tutor didn't really give us much information and once I left I realised I don't really know about any of the opportunities offered to us. Is anyone else also deciding between these? Is anyone currently doing film at either of these uni's?
Heya,

It's really exciting to see you're thinking about Staffs. I'm the official rep for the uni on TSR so if you've got any questions about anything let me know and I can help you out.

I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed our open day, and that everyone's enthusiasm comes across Staffs is a smaller university but a real upside to that is the feeling of community and support that comes with it, which is really great for your learning.

Which film production course were you looking at - the Media (Film) Production (BA Hons) or Film production technology... (BSc Hons)?

Katie
laurendavies41
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Staffordshire University)
Heya,

It's really exciting to see you're thinking about Staffs. I'm the official rep for the uni on TSR so if you've got any questions about anything let me know and I can help you out.

I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed our open day, and that everyone's enthusiasm comes across Staffs is a smaller university but a real upside to that is the feeling of community and support that comes with it, which is really great for your learning.

Which film production course were you looking at - the Media (Film) Production (BA Hons) or Film production technology... (BSc Hons)?

Katie
I'm looking at Media (Film) Production! At the moment I'm just trying to work out if the course is right for me as it doesn't specify in a certain area
11l0199
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Lauren,

I'm deciding between AUB and Staffordshire atm too, I think I'm going to go for the Experimental Film Production course at Staffordshire as it looks quite flexible in comparison to Film Production at AUB.

I wouldn't worry too much about how highly rated AUB is; I've worked in the industry for 2 years and most of the Directors/ DOPs I've met started as runners. Employers look more at you as an individual (your portfolio, experience etc.) than the institution you studied at, also, the student union at Staffordshire looks a lot better than the AUB SU.

The only drawback from Staffs for me is location as I don't know the area and media jobs seem to be more available in the south of the country, Bournemouth is a really nice area too. But I'm going to the open day at Staffs next week anyway so might be pleasantly surprised about what the area has to offer!

I guess its just a case of having to weigh up the pros and cons of each; I've been on unistats quite a bit recently narrowing down other options I had in mind (http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/) its really helped me out

Hope this helps,

Lauren
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (414)
56.48%
I don't have everything I need (319)
43.52%

Watched Threads