The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Maths with/and Economics 2016 applicants

Scroll to see replies

To a certain extent, isn't it collectively speaking good that barely anyone (on TSR, at least) has received an offer yet for Maths with/and Economics? It means that LSE is still in the process of making the majority of decision, and so we all still have a chance to get an offer! haha :biggrin: (not sure when I became such an optimist)
(edited 8 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 61
Original post by laesterherz
To a certain extent, isn't it collectively speaking good that barely anyone (on TSR, at least) has received an offer yet for Maths with/and Economics? It means that LSE is still in the process of making the majority of decision, and so we all still have a chance to get an offer! haha :biggrin: (not sure when I became such an optimist)

I like your thinking! Have you received other offers yet?
Original post by AzizanW
I like your thinking! Have you received other offers yet?

Haha thanks ;D

No, I haven't but I think that's because of the universities I applied for. Cambridge is going to let me know in January and I am sitting UCL's Arts and Sciences Test next week, so there is no way I can get an offer anytime soon :tongue: I'm mainly applying to the US and their admissions decisions get released around March I think. (Waiting is so painful though ahhh)

What about you?
Reply 63
Haha thanks ;D

No, I haven't but I think that's because of the universities I applied for. Cambridge is going to let me know in January and I am sitting UCL's Arts and Sciences Test next week, so there is no way I can get an offer anytime soon :tongue: I'm mainly applying to the US and their admissions decisions get released around March I think. (Waiting is so painful though ahhh)

What about you?

Ahh I see. The US wait is real haha. I got offers from Warwick and St Andrews (Maths), waiting on Oxford, Imperial and LSE haha

My wait isn't as real as yours though xD

There was someone on the LSE thread who got an offer for Maths with economics either last week or the week before
Original post by the-anonymous-me
There was someone on the LSE thread who got an offer for Maths with economics either last week or the week before

Oh ok, thanks for letting me know! (Still haven't lost hope though)
Reply 66
Original post by AzizanW
Still nothing from Maths with/and Econs? I'm still waiting. Just entering my 7th week now. >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you heard anything yet? You must be nervous if not haha. Penultimate 8th week coming up for you...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by IMZL
Have you heard anything yet? You must be nervous if not haha. Penultimate 8th week coming up for you...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing yet! But some people have reached their 8th week and still nothing. I'm gonna email them to ask as to whether I will receive a reply from them this year or next. haha
Reply 68
Received my long awaited rejection from LSE on the account that my PS wasn't good enough haha. I did send in a 100% maths PS with no competition mentions so blek :tongue: Good luck to the rest of you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
I have only entered into my 1st week out of 8 xD a long long wait for me!
Reply 70
Original post by AzizanW
Received my long awaited rejection from LSE on the account that my PS wasn't good enough haha. I did send in a 100% maths PS with no competition mentions so blek :tongue: Good luck to the rest of you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks :frown: good luck for everything else!
Original post by AzizanW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Noooooo, I was hoping you would get in D: But I believe where-ever you end up, you'll do great things-- all the best for the future!! (Sorry this sounds so peppy but it is true)

(I also have a maths-heavy PS :tongue: and less than 2 weeks before my 8 weeks are over, so I already prepared myself)
Original post by AzizanW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry! Im sure wherever you go you'll do amazing. Its amazing that you even applied to LSE. You'll do well in life and don't get mad at yourself or be sad because of the rejection :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by AzizanW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooo, unlucky man. I'm sure you'll do well wherever you go! You've scared me now, what's your grades again if you don't mind me asking? Pretty sure they're a lot better than mine :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Original post by IMZL
Nooo, unlucky man. I'm sure you'll do well wherever you go! You've scared me now, what's your grades again if you don't mind me asking? Pretty sure they're a lot better than mine :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thank you! Im waiting for Oxford and Imperial now. Hoping for offers from either or both!
My grades were 9A*1A at IGCSE level and A*aa for AS. UMS Physics 93, Maths 94, Chemistry 95. My stats are good but PS was very much catered towards a maths degree. Very little association of it with any application of sorts so it was destined for rejection. Don't worry! I'm sure that if you show some sort of good experience with Maths (competitions, university summer classes, etc.) You stand a much better chance than I haha
Did those that are still waiting for a decision receive only the 2 week email or both the 2 and 4?
One of my friends received both 2 and 4 and i only received the 2 week e-mail so just curious.
Original post by coolguy123456
Did those that are still waiting for a decision receive only the 2 week email or both the 2 and 4?
One of my friends received both 2 and 4 and i only received the 2 week e-mail so just curious.

I only have the 2-week e-mail too. I wonder whether it's a good thing or not... Actually, when they sent me the e-mail before their christmas break, I still had 2 out of my 8 weeks left
(edited 8 years ago)
I only have the 2-week e-mail too. I wonder whether it's a good thing or not... Actually, when they sent me the e-mail before their christmas break, I still had 2 out of my 8 weeks left

I received my 8 week on the 2nd November meaning that last week before xmas should have been my last but as they said they want 2 more weeks for xmas closure, I assume my final 8th week will be the first week they open (next week). Anyone else in the same situation?
Reply 78
Original post by coolguy123456

I received the 2 week email at the beginning, then the 8 week, and haven't received the 4 week email yet. I'm still waiting for a decision.

Edit: Sorry I didn't realise you meant the 2 week christmas email. I got the 8 week email on the 2nd of November as well; I'm in the exact same position as you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by IMZL
I received the 2 week email at the beginning, then the 8 week, and haven't received the 4 week email yet. I'm still waiting for a decision.Edit: Sorry I didn't realise you meant the 2 week christmas email. I got the 8 week email on the 2nd of November as well; I'm in the exact same position as you.

So you also received just the 2 week Xmas email? Meaning we should hear back by this Friday then😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending