Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok Philosophy AS Exam tomorrow, and I dont understand one of Plato's theories... the Theory of the Good?

Can anybody explain this to me?? Please?? :confused: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Form of the Good? haven't heard of theory but am doin RS

ReputationRep:
    Theory of the Good

Form of the Good is the higest good and illuminates all the other forms.
    It is the only source of true knowledge and all the other forms are under a heirarchy to it
    It is Plato's representation of a godly figure and can be likened, in amny sense, to the Classical God of Theism
    We, according to Plato, understand our concept of morality and goodness from our knowledge of the form of the good.
    The Form of the Good is the highest form from which we understand the other forms.

Thats an outline

ReputationRep:
    THANK YOU!!!!

At last I understand it lol, neither my notes nor the study guide had it in a way that I got. Thanks.xx

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome. Go join (my :rolleyes: ) philosophy society if you're interested. I'll put you on the member list if you like and you can put it in your signature.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.