Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Why can't God forgive disbelievers if he encourages us to forgive one another? Surely he should be leading by example? If God really loves us then why can't he just understand if someone wasnt able to see the light? if God really loves us then why doesnt he stop bad things from happening bc he is more than capable, why doesnt he use his powers to prevent it? if God really loves us then why is the world such a horrible place sometimes? As an all -merciful, all-loving, all- forgiving being I'd like to think that he'd portray his traits through his actions...but that doesn't seem to be the case. I believe that God loves me but I can't find any evidence of this atm. Is life really a test or just a place for suffering? Followed by an afterlife of eternal suffering? It seems like life is just like a lottery game. You have to be lucky enough to be born into the right religion, you then have to be lucky enough to be born into a nice family, luck for careers, friends, opportunities, then luck to enter heaven or am I missing something? Why is God playing this game? Especially bc gambling isn't permitted in Islam, surely he is going against his own rules by creating the world in such a way? Is he playing a game? Or is he just trying to see how we'd react? I also try to live my life by the following:

'And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him so that your father in heaven may forgive you your sins' -Mark 11:25

'Hatred stirs up disssension but love covers over all wrongs' - Proverbs 10:12

But this doesn't fit in with the other stuff. I need answers because I'm currently going crazy and my brain is failing. ;(

So, do you believe God loves us? If so, what are your reasons? Thoughts pls.
Anonymous #1
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
yes God does love us

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/buzzvin...jiK1LAJjDGo.99
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that wohever beleives in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes he does
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know I probably won't give the sort of answer you're looking for, since I'm atheist, but I wanted to present my thoughts on the matter anyway.

I assume you're Christian (please forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm simply going off the fact you mentioned God and quoted the Bible in your post), and it seems to me that you're currently questioning your faith, which is a good thing, even though it might be hard for you.

The Bible is filled with contradictions, including contradictions regarding the nature of God. Some of these are summed up nicely in this quote: "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then where does evil come from? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus. Using the example of one of your questions, if God is an all-loving being who cares about all of us, then surely he should make the world a better place and prevent people from suffering, however, he clearly hasn't done that. This means that either, God is not all-loving, he is not all-powerful, or he simply doesn't exist.

Regarding your questions about getting into Heaven, again, there are many contradicting Bible verses about it. The Bible says that to get to Heaven you simply need to believe in God, other times it says that you also need to repent, so it is difficult to know what you need to do and believe in order to reach Heaven. If God really loved us, surely he would make how to reach Heaven clear?

I sincerely hope that I don't upset or offend you with what I've said, I am simply giving you my thoughts. If you need anyone to talk to about your faith, you can PM me, I won't mind at all
Anonymous #1
(Original post by queen-bee)
Yes he does
What's the reason behind your answer?
Anonymous #3
Report 5 years ago
Yes God does love us. Although it may seem as though things are hard and the odds are against you, God is always with you no matter what. He is our saviour, our father, and our friend.
You need to be able to love and trust in God, the fact that you are still alive shows that that God is giving you a another chance. You must be able to forgive others, as God forgives you constantly. He never stops loving us.

Bad things happen in the world because evil is around. People have free will, and unfortunately, so many people choose to do the wrong thing. Either because it's easier, or because that's what most people are doing. However you must be patient, despite your frustration with God. He is working, and the just shall get their reward.
SophisticatedSir
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
God doesn't exist.

Or maybe the world we are living in is already hell.
Anonymous #1
yes God does love us
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/buzzvin...jiK1LAJjDGo.99
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that wohever beleives in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
lol..

Thank you for the link though.
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes he loves us so much he is sitting in the sky ****ing over us, thats why it rains so much in the UK, he loves the UK and northern countries the most it seems, maybe hes a bit racist depriving the africans and hispanics of his semen
Mary562
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He loves you people more than Muslims :yes: Why don't you get it?
TheTruthTeller
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by driftawaay)
Yes he loves us so much he is sitting in the sky ****ing over us, thats why it rains so much in the UK, he loves the UK and northern countries the most it seems, maybe hes a bit racist depriving the africans and hispanics of his semen
Ur analogy is not on point mate. How can you compare semen to water ....
Also even if he deprived african's of his semen how would he be racist- you are assuming he's not proving them with water bcuz of their race. Get pwned nub
drowzee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If he does exists, he hates us. The amount of suffering in this world makes me believe he's punishing us. But he doesn't exist.
Illiberal Liberal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by drowzee)
If he does exists, he hates us. The amount of suffering in this world makes me believe he's punishing us. But he doesn't exist.
This.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
I know I probably won't give the sort of answer you're looking for, since I'm atheist, but I wanted to present my thoughts on the matter anyway.

I assume you're Christian (please forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm simply going off the fact you mentioned God and quoted the Bible in your post), and it seems to me that you're currently questioning your faith, which is a good thing, even though it might be hard for you.

The Bible is filled with contradictions, including contradictions regarding the nature of God. Some of these are summed up nicely in this quote: "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then where does evil come from? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus. Using the example of one of your questions, if God is an all-loving being who cares about all of us, then surely he should make the world a better place and prevent people from suffering, however, he clearly hasn't done that. This means that either, God is not all-loving, he is not all-powerful, or he simply doesn't exist.

Regarding your questions about getting into Heaven, again, there are many contradicting Bible verses about it. The Bible says that to get to Heaven you simply need to believe in God, other times it says that you also need to repent, so it is difficult to know what you need to do and believe in order to reach Heaven. If God really loved us, surely he would make how to reach Heaven clear?

I sincerely hope that I don't upset or offend you with what I've said, I am simply giving you my thoughts. If you need anyone to talk to about your faith, you can PM me, I won't mind at all
Thank you, your input is appreciated, it doesnt matter that you're athiest.

My family is Christian and Muslim so I think I'm ...pretty much the same- ah sort of , thank you for understanding.

All the information you gave me has been beneficial, you havent offended me and thanks a lot for the PM offer
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SophisticatedSir)
God doesn't exist.

Or maybe the world we are living in is already hell.

lol.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by driftawaay)
Yes he loves us so much he is sitting in the sky ******* over us, thats why it rains so much in the UK, he loves the UK and northern countries the most it seems, maybe hes a bit racist depriving the africans and hispanics of his semen
Um.. Thank you.

(Original post by Mary562)
He loves you people more than Muslims :yes: Why don't you get it?
:erm: What do you mean? I am Muslim.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's quite obvious that most deities are made in man's likeness, not the other way round. All of our worst behaviours and traits are held up to a gold standard when it's a God who is doing them.

Some quotes which I've come across that I think would be said by the real God is he/she/it existed:

(In regards to God acting savagely and punishing people): "It is the epitome of arrogance for you to imagine that somehow something human beings have done could make the Creator of the Universe give up Peace and Love– which is the Essence of Who and What the Creator is. In other words, you imagine I am willing to give up Myself in reaction to something that you have done. The reason you imagine that I do this is because you do this."

"Now interestingly, a challenge you have created for yourselves is that you believe God gives you this free will, but then takes it away from you by telling you exactly what it is that He requires you to do. Even what you are to think, and to say. In some cases, how you are to dress and eat."

I also think this would be a pertinent question to ask the Abrahamic God, "What hurts you so much that you feel you have to hurt me to heal it?"
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
It's quite obvious that most deities are made in man's likeness, not the other way round. All of our worst behaviours and traits are held up to a gold standard when it's a God who is doing them.

Some quotes which I've come across that I think would be said by the real God is he/she/it existed:

(In regards to God acting savagely and punishing people): "It is the epitome of arrogance for you to imagine that somehow something human beings have done could make the Creator of the Universe give up Peace and Love– which is the Essence of Who and What the Creator is. In other words, you imagine I am willing to give up Myself in reaction to something that you have done. The reason you imagine that I do this is because you do this."

"Now interestingly, a challenge you have created for yourselves is that you believe God gives you this free will, but then takes it away from you by telling you exactly what it is that He requires you to do. Even what you are to think, and to say. In some cases, how you are to dress and eat."

I also think this would be a pertinent question to ask God, "What hurts you so much that you feel you have to hurt me to heal it?"
what made you leave islam?
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what made you leave islam?
I was never muslim :dong:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.78%
I'm not sure (32)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.38%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.35%
I'm not a current university student (326)
47.8%

Watched Threads