The Student Room Group

BIMM Manchester or BIMM Bristol?

Hi I was just doing some in depth research into the courses offered at BIMM and I would really like to study Events Management there. However I am having trouble with picking the location I would like to study in. Bristol is 2 and a half hours away from my home and Manchester is 3 hours so as you can see there isn't too much of a difference distance wise. I'm not very familiar with either cities so I would just like some opinions on which location would be best for what I'm looking for. I'm mainly looking for a city with an alternative vibe and a big music scene. I would also like to know which city is cheaper to live in and if anyone on here does actually does Events Management at BIMM it would be great if you could tell me your experiences.

Sorry for blabbing on! Thank you very much for your time :smile:
I am looking at both Uni's for the Songwriting course and I went to the Manchester open day recently, the building is really cool and accommodation isn't far away from the main building. I think the best thing for you to do is go to the open days, Manchester is better for the music scene in general rather than Bristol however you may prefer Bristol. I'm swayed more toward Manchester as it just has such a rich history and music scene. The courses are the same at both so what you should look at is more location than anything else and how nice the tutors are which if they are anything like in Manchester they will be just as lovely in Bristol. Hope this helped :smile:
Hi, I've been looking at these two as well but for music business, for me I'd choose Manchester because it's closer to where I'm from and I went to an open day there and it seemed lovely, all the tutors were friendly. I agree with the girl above with Manchester having a better music scene.
I've also been looking at accomodation prices and Manchester seems the cheaper place to live :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by lucyholford
Hi, I've been looking at these two as well but for music business, for me I'd choose Manchester because it's closer to where I'm from and I went to an open day there and it seemed lovely, all the tutors were friendly. I agree with the girl above with Manchester having a better music scene.
I've also been looking at accomodation prices and Manchester seems the cheaper place to live :smile:

Original post by RandomXTurtle
I am looking at both Uni's for the Songwriting course and I went to the Manchester open day recently, the building is really cool and accommodation isn't far away from the main building. I think the best thing for you to do is go to the open days, Manchester is better for the music scene in general rather than Bristol however you may prefer Bristol. I'm swayed more toward Manchester as it just has such a rich history and music scene. The courses are the same at both so what you should look at is more location than anything else and how nice the tutors are which if they are anything like in Manchester they will be just as lovely in Bristol. Hope this helped :smile:

Thank you so much guys! I also contacted admissions and they told me that you can always transfer your location and it's quite an easy process. Just if you are going to do it make sure you do it ASAP :P

Quick Reply

Latest