The Student Room Group

Civil Engineering 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by orhangok
Offer from UCL!

well done!! :smile: where else did you apply?
Thanks mate, and yeah I'm serious!! I got my offer 2 days ago and i sent my application on the 15th of October

****, I'm genuinely worried now. ****. I applied on the 11th and I have exactly 0 offers in the past two weeks. Not to mention I absolutely LOVED UCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by anise_mc
well done!! :smile: where else did you apply?

Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Bath and Sheffield! Wbu?
Reply 23
Original post by theonetruequeen
****, I'm genuinely worried now. ****. I applied on the 11th and I have exactly 0 offers in the past two weeks. Not to mention I absolutely LOVED UCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry bro, you will defo get offers! Give me your Facebook name lets talk from there
Don't worry bro, you will defo get offers! Give me your Facebook name lets talk from there

I'll PM you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Bath and Sheffield! Wbu?

Cardiff, Sheffield, Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham. Have you heard back from Sheffield, i've only got the acknowledgment?
Reply 26
Original post by anise_mc
Cardiff, Sheffield, Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham. Have you heard back from Sheffield, i've only got the acknowledgment?

Nope haven't heard back from Sheffield! I regret picking Sheffield though, i went to the open day yesterday and it was horrible!
So confirmed I am applying to Loughborough, Surrey, Heriot-Watt, Southampton and Swansea.
I posted this in the last year version of this thread but some of you might find it useful.

For those interested in the structural side, you can find many of the commonly used standards available freely online. For example, here is AISC 360-10, the standard the Americans use to design steel structures to. You can also get the Eurocode standards, EN 1993-1-1 to 1993-1-8, as well from Google. I think it might be worth a look, since it gives a good insight into how structures are typically designed, as they'll usually be specified to be designed to a code like those mentioned.
Reply 29
Nope haven't heard back from Sheffield! I regret picking Sheffield though, i went to the open day yesterday and it was horrible!

ah i wouldn't mind going there but I prefer Cardiff and Newcastle definitely
I've applied to Cambridge, Imperial, Bath, UCL, Bristol!
Heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vikingninja
So confirmed I am applying to Loughborough, Surrey, Heriot-Watt, Southampton and Swansea.

Hi Vikingninja,

Glad to here we have made your shortlist!! If you need any further info about HWU just give me a shout or pop over to our forums where there are a lot of "ask the students" type threads.

Cheers,
Keir :smile:
Reply 33
Hi,

I've applied for civil eng at Bristol, Nottingham, Imperial, Sheffield and Cambridge. Have offers from Sheffield and Bristol :biggrin:

Anyone know when we'll hear off imperial - i think they interveiw more than some of the others? Also if anyone visited their or Bristol would be great to hear what you thought of them :smile:
For anyone applying to nottingham, is it possible to do a yr in industry if you are on the BEng course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by ab66
Hi,

I've applied for civil eng at Bristol, Nottingham, Imperial, Sheffield and Cambridge. Have offers from Sheffield and Bristol :biggrin:

Anyone know when we'll hear off imperial - i think they interveiw more than some of the others? Also if anyone visited their or Bristol would be great to hear what you thought of them :smile:

hey, how long did sheffield take to get back to you? :smile: I sent mine off a week ago today
Reply 36
Original post by ab66
Hi,

When did you apply to bristol?? I applied on the 13th Oct. and am expecting an unconditional offer but I haven't heard from them except acknowledgement :/

I went to the Imperial CivEng open day and it was awesome! There was definitely a sense of community (in the Skempton Building), where everyone was friendly, welcoming, and passionate about civeng.

Facilities were great, as in I don't think anywhere else has better to be honest, except bristol has that earthquake table and I didn't see one at Imp.

I think a high percentage of applicants get offers, as in like 200ish for 90 places but my theory is I reckon a lot of people don't meet the A*A*A requirement....

Good luck. ;D
Original post by ab66
Around 2 weeks, sent mine off on the 9th and heard back on the 21st.

Just had an invite to a "recruitment day" for imperial so I guess that answers my own question :')

Ohmygod congrats!! I applied on the 11th, hope I hear something soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Notions
When did you apply to bristol?? I applied on the 13th Oct. and am expecting an unconditional offer but I haven't heard from them except acknowledgement :/

I went to the Imperial CivEng open day and it was awesome! There was definitely a sense of community (in the Skempton Building), where everyone was friendly, welcoming, and passionate about civeng.

Facilities were great, as in I don't think anywhere else has better to be honest, except bristol has that earthquake table and I didn't see one at Imp.

I think a high percentage of applicants get offers, as in like 200ish for 90 places but my theory is I reckon a lot of people don't meet the A*A*A requirement....

Good luck. ;D

Thanks! Ive just been invited to a recruitment day so I guess that should be pretty useful to help decide, ive heard the accomodation is limited/expensive but i guess that comes with being in london.

Bristol took longer than sheffield - more like 3 weeks.
Reply 39
Original post by ab66
Thanks! Ive just been invited to a recruitment day so I guess that should be pretty useful to help decide, ive heard the accomodation is limited/expensive but i guess that comes with being in london.

Bristol took longer than sheffield - more like 3 weeks.

Thanks for the info :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending