MattJVince
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there!

I just thought I'd share a new blog - mrvinceblog - which are reflections on my time as a PGCE/NQT student. I aim to update the blog bi-weekly following what I remember going through on the PGCE course, then the NQT year. I have a positive outlook on the process, but I hope to also flag up some of the challenges I faced.

Furthermore, it will be very trainee-focussed; particularly in reference to evidencing and observations. This was a real sticking point for me during the process, and as such I have developed some ways of directly evidencing the standards in practice that are VERY OBVIOUS FOR OBSERVERS. There are also some resource/signposting pages on there too, which I will add to further over time.

In terms of myself, I completed the Secondary Religious Education PGCE at Exeter University (which is renowned for its paperwork) followed by a successful NQT year in a school in Devon. I am now undertaking a PhD at Cardiff University, looking to explore the identity of Muslim Teachers in the UK.

I am also looking to contribute to other blogs, so please feel free to contact me on this behalf.

I hope it is of some use as the year goes on, and good luck!

Matt Vince
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
17.55%
I'm not sure (5)
2.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (66)
35.11%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.6%
I'm not a current university student (81)
43.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed