How much revision should I do?

Watch
sophxo98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey everyone!
I've just started my A2s in English Lit, History and Psychology, and was wondering if anyone could suggest how much time I should spend revising for each subject per week? Last year we were told to spend 5 hours revising each subject, meaning we'd spend 20 hours in lessons and 20 hours doing private study with 5 hours of free periods. However I now have 15 hours of lessons and 10 hours of free periods, but I've heard we're still only supposed to be doing 5 hours of private study per subject... surely at A2 I should be doing more than 15 hours of private study per week? If anyone could let me know how much private study they did/ are currently doing that'd be really helpful!
Thank you!!

TrojanH
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
However much you need? Why are you asking the internet? Noone is better at knowing yourself than yourself, how adept and how quickly you revise contribute to how much time you should factor in for revision. Just do a few hours a week and make sure you are constantly in the know of your subject.
|Incognizant|
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sophxo98)
Hey everyone!
I've just started my A2s in English Lit, History and Psychology, and was wondering if anyone could suggest how much time I should spend revising for each subject per week? Last year we were told to spend 5 hours revising each subject, meaning we'd spend 20 hours in lessons and 20 hours doing private study with 5 hours of free periods. However I now have 15 hours of lessons and 10 hours of free periods, but I've heard we're still only supposed to be doing 5 hours of private study per subject... surely at A2 I should be doing more than 15 hours of private study per week? If anyone could let me know how much private study they did/ are currently doing that'd be really helpful!
Thank you!!
Hahaha I'm in your boat, I'm in As and i don't know how long I should revise for because I'm confident in the content, or if I should go ahead of my classes by doing future topics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (696)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (874)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.08%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.48%

Watched Threads