I hate animal charities Watch

Orff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I find it disgusting that time and money is wasted on donkeys when there are starving children out there.

Some people make me sick
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What do you think of Peter Singer's argument for an equalisation of rights for man and animals?
Dalek1099
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehforum)
What do you think of Peter Singer's argument for an equalisation of rights for man and animals?
That is absolute nonsense if animals and man are to have human rights then they also have to have human responsibilities, this means arresting gorillas who steal bananas,arresting animals that poo on the street and forcing the children of animals to go to school and sit exams.

It would also mean that pets would have to work or at least be on JSA unless they were disabled.

Unless animals start behaving appropriately like humans then they should never get equal rights with humans.
Dalek1099
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Orff)
I find it disgusting that time and money is wasted on donkeys when there are starving children out there.

Some people make me sick
I find it disgusting how homeless animals are more cared about by the public than children and adults living on the streets, throwing an animal out of your house is considered an crime and yet evicting a person isn't.You will find that there is far more documentaries on abandoned animals than homeless people.

We should ban all animal charities until human problems have been solve first, this money that is being wasted on animals is costing lots of human lives.
tehforum
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Orff)
In a 2001 review of Midas Dekkers' Dearest Pet: On Bestiality, Singer argues that sexual activities between humans and animals that result in harm to the animal should remain illegal, but that "sex with animals does not always involve cruelty" and that "mutually satisfying activities" of a sexual nature may sometimes occur between humans and animals

Says all I need to know about the guy. Filthy hippie
http://www.utilitarian.net/singer/by/2001----.htm

I've taken the time to distil parts of his review.

But not every taboo has crumbled. Heard anyone chatting at parties lately about how good it is having sex with their dog? Probably not. Sex with animals is still definitely taboo.

Midas Dekkers, author of Dearest Pet, has got it right, this is not because of its rarity. Dekkers, a Dutch biologist and popular naturalist, has assembled a substantial body of evidence to show that humans have often thought of "love for animals" in ways that go beyond a pat and a hug

Much depends, of course, on how the notion of a sexual relationship is defined. Zoologist Desmond Morris has carried out research confirming the commonplace observation that girls are far more likely to be attracted to horses than boys, and he has suggested that "sitting with legs astride a rhythmically moving horse undoubtedly has a sexual undertone." Dekkers agrees, adding that "the horse is the ideal consolation for the great injustice done to girls by nature, of awakening sexually years before the boys in their class, who are still playing with their train sets . . . "

The existence of sexual contact between humans and animals, and the potency of the taboo against it, displays the ambivalence of our relationship with animals. On the one hand, especially in the Judeo-Christian tradition — less so in the East — we have always seen ourselves as distinct from animals, and imagined that a wide, unbridgeable gulf separates us from them. Humans alone are made in the image of God. Only human beings have an immortal soul. In Genesis, God gives humans dominion over the animals. In the Renaissance idea of the Great Chain of Being, humans are halfway between the beasts and the angels. We are spiritual beings as well as physical beings. For Kant, humans have an inherent dignity that makes them ends in themselves, whereas animals are mere means to our ends. Today the language of human rights — rights that we attribute to all human beings but deny to all nonhuman animals — maintains this separation.

On the other hand there are many ways in which we cannot help behaving just as animals do — or mammals, anyway — and sex is one of the most obvious ones. We copulate, as they do. They have penises and vaginas, as we do, and the fact that the vagina of a calf can be sexually satisfying to a man shows how similar these organs are. The taboo on sex with animals may, as I have already suggested, have originated as part of a broader rejection of non-reproductive sex. But the vehemence with which this prohibition continues to be held, its persistence while other non-reproductive sexual acts have become acceptable, suggests that there is another powerful force at work: our desire to differentiate ourselves, erotically and in every other way, from animals.

Soyka's suggestion indicates one good reason why some of the acts described in Dekkers book are clearly wrong, and should remain crimes. Some men use hens as a sexual object, inserting their penis into the cloaca, an all-purpose channel for wastes and for the passage of the egg. This is usually fatal to the hen, and in some cases she will be deliberately decapitated just before ejaculation in order to intensify the convulsions of its sphincter. This is cruelty, clear and simple.

But sex with animals does not always involve cruelty. Who has not been at a social occasion disrupted by the household dog gripping the legs of a visitor and vigorously rubbing its penis against them? The host usually discourages such activities, but in private not everyone objects to being used by her or his dog in this way, and occasionally mutually satisfying activities may develop. Soyka would presumably have thought this within the range of human sexual variety.

The potential violence of the orangutan's come-on may have been disturbing, but the fact that it was an orangutan making the advances was not. That may be because Galdikas understands very well that we are animals, indeed more specifically, we are great apes. This does not make sex across the species barrier normal, or natural, whatever those much-misused words may mean, but it does imply that it ceases to be an offence to our status and dignity as human beings.

eoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ur not human
Mary562
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Isnt you spending your money on a nice new pair of shoes/going to the cinema disgusting? You couldve given that to an orphanage. etc
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
a decent person would give to both human and animal charities. As for starving donkeys, the conditions some of these animals work under is atrocious. Show some humanity and empathy. I would like to think that if i were a vioceless donkey that one day i would be free from stifiling heat, the pain of a broken overburdened back, overgrown hooves and misery.
Dalek1099
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
a decent person would give to both human and animal charities. As for starving donkeys, the conditions some of these animals work under is atrocious. Show some humanity and empathy. I would like to think that if i were a vioceless donkey that one day i would be free from stifiling heat, the pain of a broken overburdened back, overgrown hooves and misery.
and this is where all animal rights activists always fail humans are not animals, there isn't a person inside the donkey just an animal they are pretty much biological robots from what I can see pretty much always acting on instinct(in fact a lot of these animal activists argue that their acts aren't accountable for this reason which actually further proves my point), there have been a lot of stories of pets eating their owners once they have died because all they were to them was a way to get food.

You couldn't have been a donkey(I believe in theory you could have been a woman,black man but not an animals) as its consciousness is reduced and I am not convinced they have souls or are really alive(signs of pain and emotion could really be simply biological responses designed to make other animals and humans pity them and help them).

Women fought for rights by proving they could do the same work as men during WW2, people of other races and cultures can do the same work as us as well but animals can't really do much compared to humans(they can do very basic tasks and mainly certain types of physical labour) but I haven't seen many animals sitting GCSEs or A Levels?
Kalail
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by orff)
i find it disgusting that time and money is wasted on donkeys when there are starving children out there.

Some people make me sick
i agree. Althoufh i love animals, humans are more important because they are our own race
Gears265
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow what a ****! Animals deserve not to suffer just as much. They are living things too. Humans like you forget that it is the human race which is the most evil, destructive and selfish species around, animals are the victims of a lot of the things we do. I hope you rot in hell.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dalek1099)
and this is where all animal rights activists always fail humans are not animals, there isn't a person inside the donkey just an animal they are pretty much biological robots from what I can see pretty much always acting on instinct(in fact a lot of these animal activists argue that their acts aren't accountable for this reason which actually further proves my point), there have been a lot of stories of pets eating their owners once they have died because all they were to them was a way to get food.

You couldn't have been a donkey(I believe in theory you could have been a woman,black man but not an animals) as its consciousness is reduced and I am not convinced they have souls or are really alive(signs of pain and emotion could really be simply biological responses designed to make other animals and humans pity them and help them).
they are sentient and can feel pain. We are animals ourselves. Plus i am not an 'animal rights' activist and i have repeatedly stated animal welfare isn't the same thing as animal rights. I will always support animal charities as the 3 guinea pigs i love would be dead otherwise as they were cast out by a motorway, pregnant, starving and infected with lice. Humans caused this suffering and i think it is only right that humans fix it. Of course animal charities aren't perfect, neither is every human charity but the consequences of not having them are far worse. Also how are animals not 'alive'?
Gears265
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If Jeremy Corbyn intends to ban circuses, use more viable and efficient alternatives to animal testing and consider the rights of animals in the farming industry, I would have far more respect for the man, I will be looking at his policy closely
Orff
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gears265)
Wow what a ****! Animals deserve not to suffer just as much. They are living things too. Humans like you forget that it is the human race which is the most evil, destructive and selfish species around, animals are the victims of a lot of the things we do. I hope you rot in hell.
1. Millipedes are living things. As are plants. Amoebas. etc...
2. Humans are no more destructive than termites, ants, chimps, dolphins, hyenas etc... we just have greater ability.
3. There is no hell. If there is, I won't be sent their by a god who said man had dominion over animals
Rorschach II
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I personally think, unless you do charity work (providing that you reasonably can) you shan't voice your opinion on the matter, because you're helping neither.

So do you do charity work?

(Original post by Dalek1099)
I find it disgusting how homeless animals are more cared about by the public than children and adults living on the streets, throwing an animal out of your house is an considered crime and yet evicting a person isn't.You will find that there is far more documentaries on abandoned animals than homeless people.

We should ban all animal charities until human problems have been solve first, this money that is being wasted on animals is costing lots of human lives.
I can't let the butchery slide here, sorry (of the English language that is.)
Orff
Rep:
?
If Jeremy Corbyn intends to ban circuses, use more viable and efficient alternatives to animal testing and consider the rights of animals in the farming industry, I would have far more respect for the man, I will be looking at his policy closely
If Corbyn wastes one second of his time on any animals apart from whales, he isn't getting my vote
Gears265
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Orff)
1. Millipedes are living things. As are plants. Amoebas. etc...
2. Humans are no more destructive than termites, ants, chimps, dolphins, hyenas etc... we just have greater ability.
3. There is no hell. If there is, I won't be sent their by a god who said man had dominion over animals
You are sick in the head and too up the *** of the human race to contemplate with. We raised Hitler, the Romans, Napolean, Stalin, countless monarchies and barbaric empires, rapists, the IRA, ISIS, the Taliban, child sex traffickers, the North Korean regime, the USA, the British empire, the Ottoman Empire, the Slave trade, ancient Egypt, religion(the most destructive of all), Jimmy Savile and the most evil scum to tread this earth. Then you compare us to Dolphins? It is safe to say you are one: stupid and two:evil. People like you are the reason the human race is messed up.
Orff
Rep:
?
You are sick in the head and too up the *** of the human race to contemplate with. We raised Hitler, the Romans, Napolean, Stalin, countless monarchies and barbaric empires, rapists, the IRA, ISIS, the Taliban, child sex traffickers, the North Korean regime, the USA, the British empire, the Ottoman Empire, the Slave trade, ancient Egypt, religion(the most destructive of all), Jimmy Savile and the most evil scum to tread this earth. Then you compare us to Dolphins? It is safe to say you are one: stupid and two:evil. People like you are the reason the human race is messed up.
Please stop with the hyperbole. Animals kill and hurt each other for fun too. They have no concept of rape, but if they did they would be no better than ISIS.

The reason the human race is messed up is that we don't care for each other. Hitler was a notorious animal lover. You seem to care more for donkeys than other humans
Rorschach II
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Orff)
I do. I have volunteered at a shelter for sexually abused children. They needed £3000 for a refurbishment of the facilities. Took them 14 months to raise it. Meanwhile a dog shelter in manchester raised over a million pounds in a few weeks

Hippies. Make me sick
May I ask when would you consider moving onto other animals? When do you deem human problems solved?
There'll always be inequality, the poverty line would probably just be raised, where would you draw it? The line?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads