Human biology a level as well as regular biology? Watch

karzen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello, can I take both A level Biology and A level Human Biology? Also, would it be possible to take A level Human Biology instead of Biology and apply to med school?

On the side note, can anyone explain to me what the coursework is about? I intend to take AQA Biology, I know there are practicals in both units 3&6 but what is coursework exactly and is there one in every unit? How does it work in general?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by karzen)
Hello, can I take both A level Biology and A level Human Biology? Also, would it be possible to take A level Human Biology instead of Biology and apply to med school?

On the side note, can anyone explain to me what the coursework is about? I intend to take AQA Biology, I know there are practicals in both units 3&6 but what is coursework exactly and is there one in every unit? How does it work in general?
doing both is pointless, you are unlikely to find a university that would accept both as part of your offer and certainly not for medicine.

you could take either for a medicine application, regular biology is more common.

the structure you describe for AQA biology only applies to the old specification and therefore only if you are completing the full a level in summer 2016. the details for unit 3 and 6 depend on which assessment route your exam centre opts for and are descibed in the specification
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...l/biology-2410

you need to consult the new specification if your final exams will be 2017, the assessment of practical skills is very different.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (145)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9%
No I am happy with my course choice (485)
59%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (118)
14.36%

Watched Threads