The Student Room Group

Struggling to settle and fit in

Anyone else struggling this first week? My anxiety is making it seriously difficult for me, i just dont know what to do.
Not really no.It takes time.Don't worry
Of course, the first week is one of the toughest. Everything's new, more importantly everyone else is new, and you feel quite isolated and for me I felt like I was doing all sorts that I wasn't sure I wanted to do. Cliche but definitely give it time, I met some great people on my course, and spending everyday with them despite all the stress was great. If things go well you have some great times with good people ahead of you.

Also if there's anything external causing you stress, e.g. living arrangements, financial or whatever, definitely lean on whatever support you have. That's what they're there for - family, friends, university tutors, online - anyone who's worth something to you should be happy to help you.
Reply 3
hi, you aren't alone, I am really struggling at the moment! I am so unsure about my course, the work load is ridiculous and I'm in halls with mostly returners, so it's a little lonely :frown: I am going home in a couple of weeks to talk to my parents but until then I've decided to put myself out there and make the most of freshers and see how I feel then. Don't worry, try and relax and spend time with people. Hope things start getting better :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest