HenryKenry
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
"Hitler regarded the Treaty of Versailles a deterrent from achieving his foreign policy."
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by HenryKenry)
"Hitler regarded the Treaty of Versailles a deterrent from achieving his foreign policy."
Not much.

Hitler regarded the Treaty of Versailles as a deterrent to achieving his foreign policy

makes more sense, but why deterrent?
HenryKenry
Rep:
?
(Original post by Good bloke)
Not much.

Hitler regarded the Treaty of Versailles as a deterrent to achieving his foreign policy

makes more sense, but why deterrent?
Its A level coursework, my teacher said my writing is to simple so I want to make it seem more intelligent. Any better words?
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would probably phrase it: "Hitler viewed the Treaty of Versailles as preventing him from achieving his foreign policy." Or, depending on the context, I might phrase it completely differently. Iunno.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its A level coursework, my teacher said my writing is to simple so I want to make it seem more intelligent. Any better words?
The best word is the one that conveys your meaning. I have not worked out what you are trying to say. Why deterrent?
HenryKenry
Rep:
?
(Original post by Good bloke)
The best word is the one that conveys your meaning. I have not worked out what you are trying to say. Why deterrent?
Ok so a little context- Hitler wanted to rearm, which was one his FP aims. However, the treaty of versailles forbid im to, thus it was almost an obstacle which stood in his way from achieving his aims.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ok so a little context- Hitler wanted to rearm, which was one his FP aims. However, the treaty of versailles forbid im to, thus it was almost an obstacle which stood in his way from achieving his aims.
Well, preventing or obstacle to are obviously better.
p.formanko
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How about obstacle instead of deterrent then?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (61)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (98)
27.76%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (135)
38.24%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.6%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.12%

Watched Threads