lauraber
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i have to write an essay and my question is

Pourquoi se drogue-t'on? Quels sont les risques de se droguer?

this is the first time i have such an essay so i am not exactly sure what is expected of me.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
negin1347
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry for late reply, but u can use this in the future for any type of question... Also if u want any resources, i have plenty of things like arguments on all the topics, grammatical structure tips, and lots of great sentence openers alongside synonyms and just general words which would be useful to write essays, so if u're interested just message me privately.

Pourquoi se drogue-t'on? Quels sont les risques de se droguer?

Make a list of reasons why ppl use drugs and what the risks of it are. Have like 2-3 points for each.

And use at least 3-4 of these tenses in each paragraph to get 5/5 for ur grammatical structures, just something extra i'm telling u

Si+present+future, si+imperfect+conditional
stats/facts
plusqueparfait
conditional
passive
subjunctive
Present
Future simple
passé composé
Negative
pronouns

First plan out ur answer, u can use this structure... first present ur points of why ppl use drugs, and then present the points for the second half of the question (the risks):

Intro: use some openers such as 'on parle beaucoup en ce moment de...' and basicaly just say u're going to be discussing-- reasons ppl use drugs and its risks

Paragraph 1:
1 reason of ppl using drugs e.g. to distress
give an explanation 3-4 lines
include examples, like make up stats even if u want (as long as they're realistic) u can say like 82% of ppl who do drugs do it to distress

Paragraph 2:
Another reason of ppl using drugs
give an explanation, maybe bring in anecdotes, like do u know any one who's taken drugs? why they did? even if u don't just make it up
examples

Paragraph 3:
One point of the risks of drugs
explain
examples- here u can use lots of stats and facts, google it.

Paragraph 4:
another point of the risks of drugs
explain
examples

Conclusion
state ur opinion on why ppl do it and the risks, maybe u can say if u think it's worth is or not...
beyknowles2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
just to let you know the whole point of writing practice essays early on is that you don't know how to structure them perfectly and your teacher helps you to improve

but my biggest advice is make sure you're answering the question only making points relevant to it, and respond to both injunctions of the question: Why do people use drugs? What are the risks?

Personally I'd explain different reasons for taking drugs in two paragraphs and risks as maybe one (not sure what the word limit is) because whatever the reason, the risks are the same.

Include reasons like: relief of stress, addiction, peer pressure, influence of family who take drugs but then also the more positive reasons like medical uses of drugs. With peer pressure make sure to include things such as pressure to fit in, wanting to make friends and to impress etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (153)
51.69%
No (143)
48.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise