Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Taking my inspiration from Shilling's 'What kind of person do you want to be' watch

ReputationRep:
    What kind of person do you think you've been turned into by your experiences?

Like I think of myself as a natural extrovert, confident, but I think stuff that's happened to me has made me more of an introvert, more thoughtful. Which is maybe a good thing.

I think I've become distrustful of people too because I was bullied quite badly in primary school... I feel like sometimes I've got quite a bit of baggage to carry around and that makes me cynical sometimes.

Anyone else care to venture a reply?

I've been through a bit more then i care to explain now, but i think i turned out amazing well considering the circumstances really. Not to say i'm an amazing person, i just meant considering remember.

ReputationRep:
    I'm rather introverted and shy, with not much confidence, yet in the right social situations (which don't happen often) I'm the complete opposite. I have no idea why. And no, it's not alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    And no, it's not alcohol.
    Lol.. I actually think I kinda understand what you mean.

Thinking about it a bit more, I guess something which I'm not really naturally, but which I've learned to be is the sort of person who always gives others a chance - I like to see the good in people, and I don't think I'm very prone to hating.

Like you get people that are always going 'Ahh, I hate ___ - he's such a prick.' or something, but I hardly ever feel that strongly about someone. Not in a negative way at least.

ReputationRep:
    im strong, confident but also warry and cautious.

ive been hurt and hurt others, ive been loved and loved others.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zombie)
    Lol.. I actually think I kinda understand what you mean.

Thinking about it a bit more, I guess something which I'm not really naturally, but which I've learned to be is the sort of person who always gives others a chance - I like to see the good in people, and I don't think I'm very prone to hating.

Like you get people that are always going 'Ahh, I hate ___ - he's such a prick.' or something, but I hardly ever feel that strongly about someone. Not in a negative way at least.
    If I'm in a situation where there's someone I don't know very well, I'll stand back and not draw attention to myself, and just let others talk... I just don't like attention, yet I have a habit of drawing attention to myself. Odd.

ReputationRep:
    Someone with an itchy eye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zombie)
    What kind of person do you think you've been turned into by your experiences?
    Well, I used to be really shy and withdrawn but recently I have become a lot more extrovert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Someone with an itchy eye.
    dont scratch your sack then your eye.
    itchy sack can become itchy eye...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    dont scratch your sack then your eye.
    itchy sack can become itchy eye...
    Erm... I don't :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Erm... I don't :confused:
    oh.. um.. me neither..

*shuffle away awkwardly*

ReputationRep:
    i dnt understand properly,
    ive been hurt hugely, im sensitive, but explicitly confident, implicitly, am v.insecure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops1)
    i dnt understand properly,
    ive been hurt hugely, im sensitive, but explicitly confident, implicitly, am v.insecure
    when you say you dont understand properly what do you mean?

this thread could of come straight out of some shrink's file

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    when you say you dont understand properly what do you mean?

this thread could of come straight out of some shrink's file
    i dnt no why i sed i didnt understand coz i do..!

ReputationRep:
    i dnt no why i sed i didnt understand coz i do..!
    yeah i wasn't sure what you meant since no one would call themselves stupid, but then i thought oh you could mean on a deeper level, "i dont understand" and the whole paradox that you had below that.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i wasn't sure what you meant since no one would call themselves stupid, but then i thought oh you could mean on a deeper level, "i dont understand" and the whole paradox that you had below that.
    oooo....

ReputationRep:
    oooo....
    yeah it scared me too!

ReputationRep:
    yeah it scared me too!
    i hate things like this, it makes me be honest about myself

ReputationRep:
    i hate things like this, it makes me be honest about myself
    isn't that good, how can you know anyone properly until you know yourself?

ReputationRep:
    isn't that good, how can you know anyone properly until you know yourself?
    It's sometimes scary being able to accept who you are though. I'm interested in why people are how they are, especially myself. I want to know why I am like I am, what makes me me... Make sense?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.